Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

Where is the EEC control unit in a 1997 Oldsmobile 88?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-01-08 18:07:30
2006-01-08 18:07:30

Standing at the front of the car , it's located on your right driver side fender. Look for a round canister with two hose connections. also known as the charcol canister.


Related Questions

User Avatar

There is a temperature sending unit installed somewhere on your engine for your temperature guage in your gauge panel , another temperature sending unit for your EEC - IV or EEC V electronic engine control system , newer Ford engines that have FAIL - SAFE cooling have a cylinder head temperature ( CHT ) sensor / sending unit if you have an outside temperature display there is a sensor / sending unit for that , some automatic transmissions have a temperature sending unit / sensor that will give a warning if the automatic transmission is running too hot etc

User Avatar

Only the EEC-IV ignition systems ( 1991 to 1995) use an external ICM (ignition control module) . From 1996 on with the EEC-V system the ignition control module is incorperated into the power control module (PCM) mounted in your firewall on the passenger side.

User Avatar

The EEC module is the Evaporative Emission Control (also sometimes called the Electronic Engine Control). It does a number of things, but its main purpose is to adjust the air/fuel mixture to maximize fuel efficiency.

User Avatar

Its not in EEC. Its in EU

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.