GM and GMC

Where would you find a freeze plug on a 1996 GMC truck?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2004-10-18 20:59:55
2004-10-18 20:59:55

there should be three on each side of the engine bolck below the exhaust manifold They are also called casting Plugs & also Welch Plugs-They are on both sides of the block usally 1&1/2 inch on small block GM's-2 or 3 on each side - a few small ones in the heads & one in back of the engine between the transmission.


Related Questions

User Avatar

You would find it in the front of the engine driven by the accessory belt.

User Avatar

To find the man, you have to go to the school. Keep on following the road and you will see a truck. Next to the truck, there is a man. Go onto your items and click use on the no freeze wiper fluid. You need to pour the exact amount of fluid in the bowl and cup. I hope this helped you!

User Avatar

there is more than one freeze plug. there is about six in the block and a couple in the cylinder head(s) depending on if it is a 4 or 6 cylinder.

User Avatar

you can go to they day co we site and find the application as well as the diagram.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.