Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2014-03-29 12:36:57

The mother is assumed to have custody. However, there may be a court order as well.


Your Answer

Related Questions

In the United States both parents have equal rights of custody of the child if they are legally married.

Married parents have equal parental rights. They share legal custody.

If the child is a minor in the state of Utah and the parents of the child have never been married then both parents are awarded equal custody. However, if there's a reason why one parent cannot care for the child, then the parent who is capable of caring for the child is awarded custody.

If the parents have never married and live separately with their own parents, a court would need to decide on custody. Typically, the court will place the child with the mother, but the best interests of the child are primary.

In Wisconsin, the legal custody of a child born to an unmarried couple is officially with the mother. However, it is possible to arrange a second-parent adoption so that both parents are legal guardians of the child.

The mother. The father have to apply for visitation and custody in court.

Placement Guidelines for child custody in WI. Legal custody and physical placement are two different terms in Wisconsin.

You're married now and both parents have equal parental rights.

If the parents are married and the child is a minor the answer is yes. If the parents are divorced or never married, the parent(s) with legal custody can make that decision.

If the parents are going to split up, one needs to file with the courts to define custody, child support, visitation, etc.

The biological mother has presumptive custody, at least until a custody order is hammered out in court.

With the court's permission, if the parents are not married. Single fathers have no assumed rights to a child. Married parents have equal rights to the child until otherwise ruled on.

The mother. The father have to petition the court for custody or visitation right.

When the parents aren't married the mother has sole custody of her child. Once paternity has been established the father can petition for joint custody or visitation rights. A child support order will also be issued at that time. See the link provided below for a sample booklet on never married parents questions and rights in Massachusetts and a link for child custody laws in the US.

Both parents, until a judge determines otherwise.

No, because if you neither him have custody and y'all have custody together then you cant take that kid.

And you are? If the parents were not married the mother has custody until the father can petition for it after he has proved paternity in court. If married you have equal custody. Just living with you does not give you custody. it has to go through court.

The mother always do until the father has petitioned and got custody from the court.

The mother is presumed to have custody unless there is a court order saying otherwise.

He should prepare in the same way he would if the parents had been married. Not being married does not change your rights to your child, but remember to try and be reasonable and work out an arrangement that's best for your child and gives him/her as equal of time with each parent as possible

Generally, in the United States, an unmarried mother has sole custody of her child until the father has established his paternity in court. When he does establish his paternity he can request custody, visitations and a child support order can be entered.

Depends on circumstances. A single mother has a presumption of sole custody at the time of the birth of the child. Where married parents are separated, there is a presumption of joint physical custody whether or not support is ordered.

Not without the permission of the child's biological mother. When a couple are not married and there is not a custodial order from the court, the law presumes that the mother has sole custody of the child in question.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.