Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2007-07-29 20:20:30

the car owners insurance The person driving the car would need to submit a claim to their insurance company. There are a few insurance companies that will cover not only the registered owner but anyone driving the car, however this is not usually the case.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If the vehicle has insurance it will cover damage to the other vehicle but not the one you are driving. Now if you have insurance on another vehicle your insurance will cover the damage to the vehicle that you where driving even though it is not on your policy.

The Property Damage coverage on the car you were driving should cover the damage to your own car. In the event that the car you were driving didn't have insurance coverage then you may be able to make a claim under your own Collision coverage or Uninsured Motorist Property Damage coverage could apply.

Your insurance won't pay for any damage or injury to persons or vehicle. (unless they were driving legally with a drivers permit)

PLPD Insurance is personal liability and property damage insurance. This is an economical type of insurance where the insurance company will pay for repairs and damage done on another persons vehicle if you were found to be at fault in the car accident. There are different levels, or kinds, of this insurance.

Insurance follows the car. Your roommates insurance will cover the damage providing that he has "collision" coverage.

Hopefully an airbag. Liability coverage will cover damage and injury you cause to another person or their vehicle.

Your car insurance does not cover damage to another persons car that was caused by your home via weather or unforeseen circumstances. Their own insurance should cover the damage dealt to their car, assuming they have more than just liability coverage. If not, then it is their problem to fix their car.

If you are driving their car and hit their car, then their insurance will pay for the damage on both cars. If you are driving your car and hit their car, then your insurance will pay for the damage on both cars.

Your health insurance would pay for your injuries. You would have no coverage for your liability (damage you caused to other people's property or persons) or for the damage to your motor bike.

Third party insurance basically protecting yourself from the actions of another persons. It covers the damage you caused to a third party only - injury, death, and/or property damage caused to a third party in the event of an accident caused by the use of the vehicle.

The minimum insurance you can have is where if you crash into someone that you have insurance that will cover the other persons vehicles damage. So that way who ever is in fault has their insurance pay for damage and cost goes up for them for their insurance. So that way driver messes up his car and if he crashed into you his insurance pays for your damage that type of insurance covers other persons vehicle and their health. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The minimum insurance in most states to be legally driving is referred to as 15-30-5. This means you need at least 15 thousand in property damage insurance, 30 thousand in total damage and 5 thousand in minimum medical insurance. This is an absolute minimum and if you have any net worth or beieve you will someday have net worth you should carry far more insurance than this. To drive for most companies or drive a rental car, they require a $500K minimum blanket coverage.

This is different from policy to policy. You need to check the owner's policy to see what is covered. If the owner didn't pay for such coverage, then the damage is not covered. Provided the owner is paying for comprehensive and collision coverage the damage will will be covered, subject to a deductible, as long as the driver is not excluded from coverage.

Usually, it is the responsibility of the owner. However, if you have insurance on your vehicle, they will step in as secondary coverage...including covering the damage to the vehicle you were driving, if you have the coverage.

In the US the insurance follows the vehicle, therefore the owners auto insurance will cover the damage as long as they have comprehensive (Other than collision) coverage. If they don't have coverage it comes out of someone's pocket. Another note is that insurance companies don't like it when you loan your vehicle to people not listed on the policy as a driver.

Contents and buildings insurance is insurance that covers any damage or loss that happens to a persons home and the contents inside. Contents and Building Insurance is usually sold with Home Insurance.

Depends why the driver lost control - weather incidents are always at fault. If there is another party involved, this may differ.

The person driving the vehicle. You borrowed the vehicle so any damage is your responsibly to fix. In almost all cases your insurance covers you if you must borrow another car. Check with your insurance company to be sure.

Under most policies, the car owner's insurance will cover you and the damage done to the vechicle. If the fault was yours, their insurance company may request that your insurance pays for some of the damage, or that you pay for the person's deductible.

This means that if the accident was your fault, your insurance will pay(up to an amount that is on your policy) for the other property and persons involved in the accident. Liability insurance does NOT cover your vehicle damage.

In this state, your insurance covers property damage to others, the other persons car insurance covers his bodily injury if it is below $ 10,000, otherwise yours does.

If the other driver is 100% at fault his will. If you are at fault both yours and the owner's car insurance are potentially on the hook, yours for driving negligently, the owner's for negligence in entrusting their vehicle to a negligent driver, among other things.