Why do you need computerized decision support system?
A decision support system (DSS) is a computer-based information system that supports business or organizational decision-making activities. DSSs serve the management, operations, and planning levels of an organization and help to make decisions, which may be rapidly changing and not easily specified in advance.
- Improves personal efficiency
- Speed up the process of decision making
- Increases organizational control
- Encourages exploration and discovery on the part of the decision maker
- Speeds up problem solving in an organization
- Facilitates interpersonal communication
- Promotes learning or training
- Generates new evidence in support of a decision
- Creates a competitive advantage over competition
- Reveals new approaches to thinking about the problem space
- Helps automate managerial processes