Dogs are generally larger and don't clean themselves as much or as often with their tongues, so the flea and tick remedies used on them can be stronger and more toxic. Since cats do clean themselves mostly with their tongues, they can ingest, and be poisoned by, products intended for dogs.
Flea and tick products, including shampoos, are different for cats and dogs and must be used according to provided directions. Even when using the appropriate product, if you use it too much or too often, you can poison your pet.
Some vets believe that the rise in cancer deaths in pets is due to flea and tick products, so if you can get by without using them, it's for the best.
flea collars should also be avoided if possible. They are toxic to humans, as well as the pets that wear them. Additionally, they are not very effective.
For 15 years, I had a beautiful Persian cat who died from licking the flea medicine off of himself :(a spray-on product) That's why the newer flea treatments direct you to apply it to the back of your pets neck where they cannot lick the poison directly.
Check with a vet before applying any medications. Cats should be dosed (even the one where it goes into the skin and is not orally taken) by weight.
Rule of thumb: You shouldn't medicate yourself or your child. Why do it to your pet.
Cat's are generally smaller than dogs. It's not safe to use just any flea and tick medication on a cat. It should be specifically for cats, and recommended by a vet for your cat.
cat's skins are much more prone to allergic reactions. It could even die. Using over the counter medications for your cat may save you some money, but could cost your cat's life.
Your cat may also die from using an over the counter dog flea shampoo.
AdvantageÂ® can be used under the supervision of a Veterinarian, who will recommend very small doses. We have many cats, and its cheaper to buy Advantage in the "large dog" package than the smaller cat doses. Our vet told us how much to use for the cats, and we apply it topically, using a syringe, for convenience and control, not for injection. We fill the syringe from the dog-dose plastic container.
There are some flea and Tick products out there that use a chemical that could be harmful for cats I believe K9 AdvantexÂ® is one of them. FrontlineÂ® has a flea and tick product for cats that I would recommend. But I would never use a product that doesn't say it is safe for cats.
I used Vectra 3DÂ® on my dog and put less than a drop on my cat. In two days, he had developed a bald spot. I ended up taking a very expensive trip to the vet. They bathed him with Dawn Dish Soap, apparently the only thing that will get the cement like medicine off the skin. Several shots were given during this visit, as well.
yes oh god yes
You are not supposted to put flea/ tick medicine on a puppy. If the dog is usually under 6 months to a years of age it should not be put on. It can cause the dog to get sick. If you have a small dog but is older it should not get sick and it shouldn't shake unless it has some alergic reaction to the medicine. I have a small dog and we use flea medicine on him and he is fine and never has fleas.
Yes he will. Use half of it :)
There likely will be no problem if the amount of canine flea medicine ingested was within the dosage range for a dog similar in size to the cat, but take the cat to a veterinarian if it swallowed a much larger amount of the medicine or if it appears to be sick. Bring the container of medicine along with its instructions with you if you do go to a veterinarian.
they gave them medicine caslled cha cha
Nope. All fleas are the same. There's no human flea, cat flea, dog flea, or any certain flea. They're on everything. A human could possibly get sick if they had a reaction to a flea bite (unlikely), but flea bites only itch. Trust me, I know. I attract fleas *and* mosquitoes, and all those other horrible things.
yes and die
It gave them black and blue spots with puss in then and you were violently sick with armpits as big as an apples. It occurred from a flea that jumped on a rat and killed the rat and jumped on a human and bit them and gave them the plague.
If you are sick, medicine is of benefit (assuming you can get it). If anyone you know is sick, medicine is of benefit (assuming they can get it). Medicine is of little help to dead people:- so for them it is indifferent. There are no circumstances under which medicine is noxious.
the health care became when the Americans found the europeans alone and getting sick with no medicine, so the Americans gave the europeans some medicine made from some spruce and water.
Yes, a cat can die from to much flea treatment because to many chemicals can soak into a cats skin and make them very sick, and usually even die! :(
maybe im 95% sure of it
Yes, flea killer is poisonous, Thus it will also affect the dog if too much is applied.
The doctor gave him a wrong prescription, he's now more sick than he was.This medicine can't be bought without a prescription.
Type your answer here... For sick people and so if you were sick you would get even sicker and have to go to hospital to have surgery to not be sick anymore the reason they made medicine was if you were sick you could take the medicine and feel better if you didn't feel better you would go to the doctor.
They help you if you are sick!
give it medicine
if a baby has a sick
What was meant by... Typhoid mary was a carrier was meant that she was a healthy carrier so she did not look sick or she did not feel sick, but she was a cook and CARRIED the fever in the food.
Is the color you get when you mix red and blue!!! It can also be the color of that nasty medicine that your mom gave you when you were little when you got sick!!! Purple's awesome!!!:D