Best Answer

Only if you have earthquake coverage. A regular homeowners policy excludes damage caused by ground movement or earthquakes.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2012-07-02 00:39:27
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


22 cards

If you were laid off and apply for insurance coverage on your wife's group policy do you have to answer a medical questionnaire

How many grams of cholesterol should you eat each day to maintain a healthy diet

What would cause a fluttering inside the ear canal

Why is beef fat a solid at room temperature

See all cards
4 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Will homeowners insurance cover a cracked foundation caused by an earthquake?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Is a cracked foundation covered under basic homeowners insurance or will your house be condemned?

Cracked FoundationA cracked foundation is rarely if ever a reason for a home to be condemned.AnswerI suggest you consult a structural engineer to assess your foundation. Under most circumstances there will not be any coverage available for a cracking or cracked foundation. An engineer can determine the cause and repairability and a contractor can determine the repair cost. You can always file a claim and see what your insurance company does. Is the home on a sinkhole? If it is there may be coverage in some states. Good luck!

Will homeowners insurance pay for cracked slab in home?

Depends on the cause. Typically settling and sink hole is not covered under a homeowners policy.

Will homeowner insurance cover a cracked foundation that I bought 5 mont a go?


Does homeowners insurance cover cracked and broken front steps on your house?

No. It's considered wear & tear.

Does homeowners insurance cover cracked basement walls?

Settlement cracks and cracks from ground shifting are not covered.

Will homeowners cover ground movement under cracked caved in concrete?

If "ground movement" means earthquake or can be defined as such, than the answer is no unless you have earthquake rider on your policy.

Will homeowners insurance cover a cracked foundation?

My sister recently had a cracked slab. Her insurance did not cover it, but the builder's insurance did. Builder's insurance is usually 10 years, so I guess it would depend on the age of your home. I would also find out the cause of the crack and weather or not there is product liability insurance involved. There are numerous variables that can cause a liability situation to an insurance company or insured. I would call a contractor to find out the cause of the crack.

A branch on a large tree cracked if it fell on the house it would have demolished part of the pella sunroom on my house. I paid 3000 to have the tree removed. Does homeowners insurance cover this?

No, Homeowners insurance does not cover the cost of property maintenance.

Will home owners insurance cover a cracked sewer line in your foundation?

That would depend on your policy JUST like what type of car insurance you have.

Does homeowners insurance cover cracked drive ways?

Not Likely, Home Owners insurance piolicies typically exclude coverage for concrete structures such as Sidewalks, Patios and Driveways.

Will homeowners insurance cover a cracked foundation that the previous owners hid under carpeting?

NO... Buyer Beware, Homeowners insurance policies do not cover pre-existing damage. They also typically exclude damage resulting from "ground movement" as this is a normal expected occurrence throughout the life of a home. You would look to your buyers home warranty for coverage of an un-disclosed defect of the home you purchased.

Does homeowners insurance cover a LCD TV that is cracked due to a toy being thrown at it?

Depends on your insurance contract. Some companies would cover that incident, some wouldn't.

People also asked