Not even your vet can answer this one, but tumors of the spleen are operable. It depends how long your dog has had the cancer and if it has spread from the spleen to other parts of the body. There has been good news and a little bad from my research. Although surgery is expensive if you can please give your dog the break it deserves. Your vet will do tests on your dog and then discuss those tests with you and give a diagnosis. Often if it's operable the dog may live many more years.
If it only has it a tiny bit, it will have about a 50-50% chance of living. If it has it severely, then it only has about a 10-10% chance of living. And if it is just getting started, then it'll have a 90% chance of living, and if it's just ending, then it has a 99% chance of living.
Our dog has multiple cancerous mast cell tumors that could not be safely removed because of a lung tumor. Our vet would not put him under because of the risk from the lung tumor decided to give our dog quality of life over quantity. He is taking pednizone ,benidryl, and pepsid ac.It has been 6 months already since diagnosis and he is doing well. We are just thankful for every day we have with him
mast cell:A cell found in connective tissue that contains numerous basophilic granules and releases substances such as heparin and histamine in response to injury or inflammation of bodily tissues.
No. It's a mast cell disorder - it's not contagious in any way, shape or form.
Mast cell tumors are solid cell tumors, so there usually isn't anything in them to be drained out. However, if the center of the mass is necrotic, this could be drained to relieve pressure.
There are several different kind of tumors that ferrets can get - Insulinomas, Lymphosarcoma, Adrenal Gland Cancer, Skin tumors Depending on the type of cell that becomes cancerous, some of the common ones are fibromas and fibrosarcomas (tumors of the connective tissue), adenomas and adenocarcinomas (tumors of skin glands), mast cell tumors, hemangiomas (tumors of blood vessels) and basal cell tumors.
mast cell is not a lymphocyte mast cell is not a professional phagocyte, but an occasional phagocyte
I'm not sure which is the most commonly prescribed, but two mast cell stabilizers I know of are cromolyn and nedocromil.
Depending upon the tumor, maybe. Poodles can get a wide variety of tumors ranging from osteosarcoma (bone tumors) to mast cell tumors to lypomas (fat cell tumors). Some tumors are benign and easy to treat - the veterinarian simply removes the tumor in toto and the poodle will be fine. Other tumors are malignant and difficult to treat - some spread very rapidly (often before the primary tumor is even found), some grow in difficult to reach places (such as in the skull or around the blood vessels) and some simply grow so fast they cause death before they are even found.
Michel Fernex has written: 'The mast-cell system, its relationship to atherosclerosis, fibrosis and eoiinophils' -- subject(s): Mast cell disease, Mast cells
The signal from the phone is transmitted to the nearest mast. the mast then either broadcasts it to another mast(s) and down to the other mobile or sends it down regular phone lines to the closes mast where the receiving mobile is.
Beta Agonist, corticosteroids, anticholinergic agents, mast cell stabilizers
Because of the way their calls are handled. Each phone communicates with the nearest phone mast. This mast then re-transmits the signal to another mast until it reaches the destination phone. Each mast only covers a small area (or cell) - hence the americans call them cell-phones !