answersLogoWhite

0


Best Answer

Assuming that white is recessive to red in this case, then the off spring would all be red but they would be heterozygous red (Rr).

User Avatar

Wiki User

6y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar
More answers
User Avatar

Wiki User

15y ago

Crossing two pink flowers (1/2 red 1/2 white) would result in a 25% chance of a white flower, 25% chance of a red flower, and 50% of another pink flower.

This is shown:

You started with a full red (RR) and a full white (WW) flowers.

__W W R RW RW

R RW RW

The F1 (first generation of the cross between the red and white) will give you a 100% chance of a pink flower.

So now you cross two pinks (RW)

___R W R RR RW

W RW WW Again, 25% red, 25% white, and 50% pink.

This answer is:
User Avatar

User Avatar

Wiki User

10y ago

If Pink flower color is due to incomplete dominance then a cross witbeen pink anf white flowred plants will have a progeny of fifty percent pink and fifty percent white flowers only.

This answer is:
User Avatar

User Avatar

Wiki User

11y ago

100%

This answer is:
User Avatar

User Avatar

Wiki User

12y ago

100 %

This answer is:
User Avatar

User Avatar

Wiki User

13y ago

50%

This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: If a homozygous red flower is crossed with a white flower what percentage of their offspring will red have?
Write your answer...
Submit
Still have questions?
magnify glass
imp
Continue Learning about Biology

A homozygous blue flower BB is crossed with a homozygous white flower bb What are the possible genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring?

Assuming there is no co-dominance or partial dominance, the result would be that 100% of the offspring would be blue, heterozygous flowers with the phenotype Bb.


When traits are inherited in an incomplete dominance pattern what is true about the phenotype of the heterozygotes?

A trait that exhibits incomplete dominance, is one in which the heterozygous offspring will have a phenotype that is a blend between the two parent organisms. An example of this is when a homozygous red sweet pea flower crossed with a homozygous white sweet pea flower, their offspring will be heterozygous and have the pink phenotype, rather than either red or white.


In Purple flower color dominant over white flower color peas. Suppose two white flowered pea plants are crossed and produce 1000 offspring. How many of those offspring would you expect to have whit?

1000


Can an organism that is homozygous for flower color have genotype Qq?

yes


A white flower rr is crossed with a white flower rr?

well for a starters, "r" is obviously recessive as you didnt use any upper case lettering. if both flowers have homozygous recessive (homo being same) genes, then, with the use of a PUNNET SQUARE, you would be able to work out that any offspring that the flowers will have, will also have homozygous recessive genes (white).so.. sort of like this...Motherr rFa r rr rrth r rr rrersorry if its kinda hard to understand :P lol. otherwise search up punnet sqaures. helped me a lot. :P

Related questions

A homozygous blue flower BB is crossed with a homozygous white flower bb What are the possible genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring?

Assuming there is no co-dominance or partial dominance, the result would be that 100% of the offspring would be blue, heterozygous flowers with the phenotype Bb.


How many alleles influence a phenotype in incomplete dominance?

A trait that exhibits incomplete dominance, is one in which the heterozygous offspring will have a phenotype that is a blend between the two parent organisms. An example of this is when a homozygous red sweet pea flower crossed with a homozygous white sweet pea flower, their offspring will be heterozygous and have the pink phenotype, rather than either red or white. So, the homozygous red flower will be red, the homozygous white flower will be white, and the heterozygous flower will be pink. So there are three possible phenotypes in incomplete dominance. There are also no dominant or recessives genotypes.


A cross between homozygous purple-flowered and homozygous white-flowered pea plants results in offspring with purple flowers This demonstrates?

A homozygous purple flower and a homozygous white flower having offspring that are purple is an example of dominance. Traits that yield to other traits is referred to as recessive. So in this case Purple was the dominant trait and White was the recessive trait.


In pea plants purple flowers are dominant over white flowers. Two plants both heterozygous for the gene that controls flower color are crossed. What percentage of their offspring will have purple flow?

This job


When traits are inherited in an incomplete dominance pattern what is true about the phenotype of the heterozygotes?

A trait that exhibits incomplete dominance, is one in which the heterozygous offspring will have a phenotype that is a blend between the two parent organisms. An example of this is when a homozygous red sweet pea flower crossed with a homozygous white sweet pea flower, their offspring will be heterozygous and have the pink phenotype, rather than either red or white.


When the phenotype of two alleles are blended what are they called?

The blending of the phenotype of the parents in the offspring is known as incomplete. colors of flowers can show incomplete dominance if a red flower is crossed with a white flower and their offspring are pink.


A white flower plantis is crossed with a plant that is heterozygous for the trait what percentage of the flower will be purple flowers?

1:2:1


What is the proportion of the monohybrid backcross between a red flower and a white flower?

The backcross between a heterozygous (monohybrid) red flower plant (Rr) and a homozygous recessive white flower plant (rr) would produce a ratio of 1Rr:1rr. So you would expect half of the offspring to be red (Rr) and half the offspring to be white (rr).


Purple flower color is dominant over white flower color in peas. Suppose two white flowered pea plants are crossed and produce 1000 offspring. How many of those offspring would you expect to have whit?

1000


In Purple flower color dominant over white flower color peas. Suppose two white flowered pea plants are crossed and produce 1000 offspring. How many of those offspring would you expect to have whit?

1000


Purple flower color is dominant over white flower color in peas. Suppose two white flowered pea plants are crossed and produce 1000 offspring. How many of those offspring would you expect to have white flowers?

1000


When Gregor Mendel crossed true breeding purple flowered plants with true breeding white flowered plants all the offspring were purple because?

PP X ww or Pw X ww Because all Purple flower plants are dominant and express the color purple. This can be seen in a homozygous cross, or a heterozygous cross, ( shown above ) White plants, to breed true, must be in homozygous condition.