answersLogoWhite

0


Best Answer

1/2 or 50%. The homozygous recessive gentoype contains two recessive alleles for the gene for a trait. So the homozygous recessive individual can pass on only recessive alleles to an offspring. The heterozygous individual has one dominant and one recessive allele for the gene for a trait. So the heterozygous individual can pass on either a dominant or a recessive allele to an offspring. So if an offspring inherits a recessive allele from the heterozygous parent, along with the recessive allele from the homozygous recessive parent, it will have the homozygous recessive genotype and phenotype.


User Avatar

Wiki User

6y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar
More answers
User Avatar

Wiki User

9y ago

There is a 50% probability that the offspring from a homozygous recessive parent and a heterozygous parent will itself be homozygous recessive.

This answer is:
User Avatar

User Avatar

Wiki User

13y ago

50%

This answer is:
User Avatar

User Avatar

Wiki User

14y ago

one half

This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: In crossing a homozygous recessive with a heterozygote what is the chance of getting a homozygous recessive phenotype in the F1 generation?
Write your answer...
Submit
Still have questions?
magnify glass
imp
Continue Learning about Biology

What is the ONLY genotype that can produce a recessive phenotype?

Only a homozygous recessive individual will have the phenotype created by two recessive alleles.Since the term produce might indicate the production of offspring parents that can only produce offspring with a recessive phenotype must both have homozygous recessive genotypes.


What phenotype is produced by AB genotype?

The genotype AA represents a homozygous dominant genotype. The capital letter "A" represents the dominant allele, while the lowercase letter "a" would represent the recessive allele. If both dominant alleles are present in a genotype (homozygous dominant) then the phenotype is "A" phenotype. If one dominant allele and one recessive allele are present (heterozygous dominant) then the phenotype is "A". Finally, if both recessive alleles "a" are present (homozygous recessive) then the phenotype is "a". Therefore, the answer to your question is the genotype AA would result in an "A" phenotype because the genotype is homozygous dominant.


What is the phenotype of a flower in a pea plant that is homozygous recessive?

You would expect 1 homozygous dominant, 2 heterozygous dominant and 1 homozygous recessive offspring. This is because each parent has one dominant and one recessive allele. Therefore there is a 75% chance of a dominant phenotype and a 25% chance of a recessive phenotype.


What is the differences between homozygous dominant and homozygous recessive and heterozygous?

A homozygous dominant genotype means that both alleles for a trait are dominant. A heterozygous genotype means that one allele is dominant and the other is recessive. A heterozygous genotype will express the dominant phenotype, not the recessive phenotype.


Organisms that are homozygous dominant and those that are for a trait controlled by simple dominance have the same phenotype?

Because the dominant gene always appears in the phenotype, whether or not it is "pure" (homozygous) or "mixed" (heterozygous). The recessive gene does what it says: it is recessive to the dominant gene. So, if it comes between the two, the dominant always appears. Of course, this only happens in your average Dominant-Recessive traits.

Related questions

What is the ONLY genotype that can produce a recessive phenotype?

Only a homozygous recessive individual will have the phenotype created by two recessive alleles.Since the term produce might indicate the production of offspring parents that can only produce offspring with a recessive phenotype must both have homozygous recessive genotypes.


What is the probability that the offspring of a homozygous dominant individual and a homozygous recessive individual exhibit the dominant phenotype?

Given those conditions, the offspring have a 50% chance of demonstrating the dominant phenotype and a 50% chance of demonstrating the recessive phenotype.


In the mendels experiment why did traits show up in the f2 generation that were not present in the f1 generation?

All of the F1 generation are heterozygous, therefore 100% exhibit the dominant phenotype. The F2 generation has a ratio of 1 homozygous dominant: 2 heterozygous: 1 homozygous recessive. This results in a phenotypic ratio of 3 dominant: 1 recessive.


In Mendels experiment why did traits show up in F2 generation that were not present in the F1 generation?

All of the F1 generation are heterozygous, therefore 100% exhibit the dominant phenotype. The F2 generation has a ratio of 1 homozygous dominant: 2 heterozygous: 1 homozygous recessive. This results in a phenotypic ratio of 3 dominant: 1 recessive.


What phenotype is produced by AB genotype?

The genotype AA represents a homozygous dominant genotype. The capital letter "A" represents the dominant allele, while the lowercase letter "a" would represent the recessive allele. If both dominant alleles are present in a genotype (homozygous dominant) then the phenotype is "A" phenotype. If one dominant allele and one recessive allele are present (heterozygous dominant) then the phenotype is "A". Finally, if both recessive alleles "a" are present (homozygous recessive) then the phenotype is "a". Therefore, the answer to your question is the genotype AA would result in an "A" phenotype because the genotype is homozygous dominant.


What is the phenotype of a flower in a pea plant that is homozygous recessive?

You would expect 1 homozygous dominant, 2 heterozygous dominant and 1 homozygous recessive offspring. This is because each parent has one dominant and one recessive allele. Therefore there is a 75% chance of a dominant phenotype and a 25% chance of a recessive phenotype.


What is the differences between homozygous dominant and homozygous recessive and heterozygous?

A homozygous dominant genotype means that both alleles for a trait are dominant. A heterozygous genotype means that one allele is dominant and the other is recessive. A heterozygous genotype will express the dominant phenotype, not the recessive phenotype.


What is the probaility that the offspring of a homozygous dominant individual and a homozygous recessive individual will exhibit the dominant phenotype?

100 percent.


What term can describe the genotypes of the p generation?

homozygous dominant and homozygous recessive


What is the result of two recessive alleles joined?

Two recessive alleles (homozygous) will result in the recessive trait being expressed as a phenotype.


Organisms that are homozygous dominant and those that are for a trait controlled by simple dominance have the same phenotype?

Because the dominant gene always appears in the phenotype, whether or not it is "pure" (homozygous) or "mixed" (heterozygous). The recessive gene does what it says: it is recessive to the dominant gene. So, if it comes between the two, the dominant always appears. Of course, this only happens in your average Dominant-Recessive traits.


What is the probabilty that the offspring of a homozygous domiant idiviual and a homozygous recessive indiviual will exbhit the domaint phenotype?

100% heterozygous dominant