answersLogoWhite

0


Best Answer

http://www.unionbiology.com/BIO%20LABS/liver%20lab.doc

User Avatar

Wiki User

14y ago
This answer is:
User Avatar
More answers
User Avatar

Wiki User

14y ago

Yes, catalase breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen gas.

This answer is:
User Avatar

User Avatar

Wiki User

11y ago

no

This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Is the poisonous hydrogen peroxide produced in the cells of living things converted into harmless materials by the action of enzyme catalase?
Write your answer...
Submit
Still have questions?
magnify glass
imp
Continue Learning about Biology

How does catalase help the body?

Detoxification is one of the liver's functions. Catalase catalyses the breakdown of Hydrogen Peroxide which is toxic (It's highly reactive so can cause cell damage. It comes from the small intestine via the portal vein, from things we eat or drink, e.g. alcohol) to oxygen and water, which are harmless.


Why shouldn't you eat mushrooms that you find in the wild?

well if you dont know what kind they are, you sholdnt eat it. you could be allergic to a specific kind, and side effects can be harm full. also there are types of mushrooms that are just poisonous. i think its good for anyone to have a good idea of what type of mushroom their looking at. they could be poisonous mushrooms and could make you very ill so ill that it could kill you


Are butterflies poisonous are any poisonous if they are which are poisonous if one is poisonous how does it poison you?

Let's make a distinction here between "venomous" and "toxic."Some butterflies are toxic: if you eat them, they'll poison you. In many cases, this is because when the butterfly was a caterpillar, it ate a plant that contained a poison and stored the poison up in its body. The monarch butterfly is one example: monarch caterpillars love milkweed, many species of which contain cardiac glycosides that disrupt the functioning of the heart.However, no butterflies are venomous: they can't bite or sting you and inject poison (I'm not aware of any butterflies that can bite at all).As long as you're not eating them, they're pretty harmless.


What is harmless and mild?

Solemn


Are most microbes harmless?

no