What would you like to do?
Can drinking bleach kill you?
I'm a nurse and used to work in the ER. We would get kids in who had ingested bleach or adults who drank it inadvertently. It won't kill you but if it's not diluted at all it can be corrosive to your throat and burn if you have open sores in your mouth.
Let's just say that drinking bleach is'nt good for you.
yes if you drink enough because it contains all types of chemicals and poisons
Yes drinking bleach can and will kill you.
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Germs and bacteria
Answer . Not only that, it will kill you as well! Don't do it!!! Please seek help - things always have a solution that you may not be able to see right now. There are lots… of people out there who want to help you and your baby. . Answer . I have watched someone die after drinking bleach and it is horrible.. As the above answerer says there are always things that can be done without harming yourself or the baby.
DO NOT CONSIDER TRYING THIS! The bleach will severely injure you mouth, throat, and vocal cords long before reaching your stomach. You will almost certainly need … to be hospitalised and have your stomach pumped. The bleach might even kill you.
Bleach can severely harm or kill you, as a dual compound reaction the solution has a limited shelf life all throughout which it produces gasses that can chemically burn or… down right kill portions of your lungs To make bleach, a direct electrical current is sent through a sodium chloride solution (table salt and water). This basically "splits" the atoms leaving chlorine and the caustic soda. Both chlorine and caustic soda (lye) are extremely dangerous. These two chemicals are reacted together to create what we know as bleach. What Happens If You Drink Bleach Sodium hypochlorite removes stains and disinfects because it is an oxidizing agent. If you inhale the vapors or ingest bleach it oxidizes your tissues. Mild exposure from inhalation can result in stinging eyes, a burning throat, and coughing. Because it is corrosive, touching bleach can cause chemical burns on your hands unless you wash it off immediately. If you drink bleach, it oxidizes or burns tissues in your mouth, esophagus, and stomach. According to the NIH (National Institutes of Health), it can cause nausea, chest pain, lowered blood pressure, delirium, coma, and potentially death. Below are the personal and environmental concerns of using bleach1, 2: When mixed with ammonia, it creates a deadly gas. Remember that urine contains ammonia, so usng the products in the toilet increase the risk of creating a toxic gas that can actaully stop lung function. Chlorine and dish soap can create mustard gas, a deadly gas used as a weapon in WWI! What is bleach even doing in our homes?! Chlorine is actually a gas at room temperature, which makes breathing it in likely in most homes. In its gaseous form (such as at room temperature, mentioned above), chlorine can create dioxins, a known cancer-causing compound also related to birth defects, miscarriage, infertility, diabetes, immune disorders and more. It's highly corrosive to the skin, lungs and eyes, as well as other materials, and can actaully cause frost bite to the skin and eyes, as well as chemical burns and ulcerations. The oxidation of chlorine may also form hypochlorous acid, which has the ability to penetrate and destroy cell structure. It increases asthma and allergy symptoms because of the likelihood of inhalation. It can also cause wheezing, bronchospasm and sometimes noncardiogenic pulmonary edema (a lung condition that prevents enough oxygen from entering the blood). Pets and birds are more susceptible because of their small air capacity and the likelihood of filling their lungs with vaoprs. Ingestion of bleach causes corrosive damage to the tissues of the gastrointestinal tract. Chlorination of drinking water can oxidize organic contaminants, producing trihalomethanes (also called haloforms), which are carcinogenic (cancer-causing). When household bleach is mixed with wastewater it is found to form numerous organic compounds. Two of those compounds are chloroform - which can cause dizziness, headache, respiratory issues, heart attack, liver and kidney damage, birth defects and more - and carbon tetrachloride - which is responsible for nerve damage, liver and kidney degeneration, coma and death. Chlorine and wastewater can also create Trihalomethanes, a toxic carcinogen that has been linked to breast cancer3 and miscarriage andother fertility issues in animals4 Bleach also breaks down in the environment to "halides", which shellfish, as well as other aquatic life. Organichlorides, which contain chlorine, stck around in the environment for a long time and have been linked to reproductive issues, immune dysfunction, cancer, hormonal disruption and more. Sources sustainablebabysteps,com/what-is-bleach.html chemistry.about,com/od/cleanerchemistry/fl/Is-It-Safe-To-Drink-Bleach-Will-It-Kill-You.htm
If you drink it, it'll corrode your stomach and stuff and you'll die so phone an ambulance or something, but if you just touch it then it might dissolve the skin on your finge…rs abit, but you'll be fine, don't whatever you do touch bleach then rub your eyes or face or genitals, it'll be horrible.
no you can not use bleach in your water Correction: one cannot make dirty water potable with household bleach, but you can use it to preserve drinking water for emergency st…orage purposes. See the following website: http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/programs/extension/publicat/wqwm/emergwatersuppl.html Note that it only requires a few drops in a gallon of water to keep fresh water potable, but adding a lot of bleach to dirty water only makes it more toxic, not safe(r) to drink.
Take the baby to the emergency room, immediately...
Yes. If you don't seek medical attention it can kill you.
Yes, SO DO IT.
Bleach has a type of chlorine in it..just like chloring tablets I have floating in my pool with a floating clorinator. If you breathe to much of that cholorine, it could resul…t in severe damage to your body.
Yes. It Is Extremely Slow And Painful. The Bleach Eats Away At Your Insides Slowly.
it would burn through your stomach and organs and is fatal and the baby will die with you keep the baby and give it to a family who wants one legally
Yes. are you kidding? drinking bleach will kill you!
Drinking bleach will not kill the papilloma virus, but if you drink enough it might kill you.
bleach cannot be killed
I can't believe anyone even ASKED this. First of all, if you are looking for a do-it-yourself form of abortion, the only thing getting aborted is you. This can KILL YOU. Hou…sehold bleach is sold in a very concentrated form. If you drink it you will experience severe pain, burning of your mouth, esophagus and stomach lining. It can cause severe chemical burns and irritation to the digestive tract and even lead to death. Do NOT induce vomiting, this will only cause further damage to your stomach and throat!!! Drink large amounts of water to dilute the bleach, and call poison control (number below) or 911 IMMEDIATELY! If you have accidentally ingested bleach, contact the national poison control center immediately at 1-800-222-1222 to be connected with emergency services in your area. +++ Good answer, I will just add that cravings during pregnancy can get weird. If you're finding you want bleach, DON'T DRINK IT, but mention it to your doctor. There may be things you can do to your diet that will help with cravings.
Always, always, always call Poison Control before anything. No exceptions. If you know how much the person has ingested, it is appropriate to induce vomiting unless it is a si…gnificant amount of bleach and would do damage to the esophagus or stomach lining coming up. it's never a bad idea as a first resort treatment for someone who has ingested bleach to drink milk or a similar dairy product. This is not a treatment. It's simply an "in the meantime until poison control gets here" type of thing, and it doesn't always help, but it rarely does any harm. But I stress again, before you do anything you call poison control center and if you have children of an age that might swallow bleach, that's a number I would have on hand anyway. If the person is unconscious, for the love of God make sure they're not laying flat on their backs. With them on their side so they don't risk aspirating. needless to say, if the person is unconscious, you call 911 immediately. however, bleach is so unpleasant tasting even smoke children rarely drink enough to actually lose consciousness.