What would you like to do?
How is cotton made?
- Cotton is from the cotton plant (gossypium). The cotton fibre grows around the seed pod of the plant, and the colour of the soft fibre varies from white to a greyish yellow.
- When the cotton boll is ready for harvesting, the cotton boll is picked.
- When cotton bolls are harvested, the seeds are removed and used for cooking oils. The raw cotton is ready for making textiles.
- The cotton boll contains about 30 seeds, together with cotton fibres attached. The raw cotton fibres have to be separated from the seed by a process called ginning.
- At the spinning mill, the cotton fibres are sorted, spun and twisted into yarn.
- Cotton cloth can be woven or knitted by machine. It is mostly
used to make cotton fabric used for clothes, socks, underwear, etc.
It is a light and breathable fabric, making it ideal for bed linen
Cotton is produced in 80 countries around the world.
The plant grows in dry semi-humid conditions.
+ 95 others found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
The flower of the cotton plant.
Clothes that are made from cotton are: some pj's, some tracksuits, polo-shirts and shirts. Other products that are made from cotton are: Table runners, bedding and cotton wool….
No, it is natural
cotton can be made into: sweaters shorts shirts curtains bath towels robes denim for blue jeans jackets carpets
Cotton is grown in a field and then harvested, then is put through a machine and made into threads. Another machine then weaves it into fabric. Some times the cotton is dyed b…efore this, though.
Well to start off, well made hand-picked cotton from slaves was very rare and costly due to the amount of time needed to pluck the seeds out.
No, clouds are mostly water vapour.
There are lots of things made out of cotton you may not know about. Such as: t-shirt, pants, some pillows, purses, cotton balls, and much more. Cotton is used to make denim, o…ld denim is used to make currency paper and currency paper is used to make the US Dollars. and even sometimes very rare but books!>:-(
Cotton grows on a plant. answ2. Cotton is a plant with the seed head enclosed in a white fluffy cover. It is this fluffy material that is harvested, cleaned of seeds and rubbi…sh, and eventually spun into a thread. In the same way as is done for wool etc. Cotton is a natural fibre.
Answer . Cotton fabric is derived from the fibres surrounding seeds of the cotton plant.
Once the plant has been harvested it is spun into thread & yarn. It is mostly used 2 make fabric used 4 clothes.
Cotton is a plant. To make it into fabric, it must be harvested, cleaned, spun into thread and woven (on a loom).
Because it is soft what do you think? should it make by steel wool?
As the name suggests, cotton balls are made from cotton-producing plants.
Pretty much the same as they did 100 years ago but now they use machinary instead of doing it by hand. Cotton is cleaned and pulled through a comb to separate and straighten… the fibers. Then they are spun into cords and made into threads. The threads are then woven into sheets of fabric.
Cotton is used worldwide to make all kinds of clothes out of. It is comfortable to wear, it is fairly inexpensive. T-shirts and underwear are the most popular items made… from this material.