Is lime poisonous to dogs?
Lime is used for gardening and disinfecting and drying out moist, smelly areas. It is a component of calcium carbonate and is used to enrich the soil or disinfect barns. It is not harmful to animals or insects of any kind. It is not a pesticide as some think. It only enriches the soil and helps vegetables or fruit grow better.
11 people found this useful
Lime as a fruit I don't believe is poisonous to anyone. However, lime as a substance (the powdery stuff) is almost certainly unhealthy.
Lime is used for gardening and disinfecting and drying out moist, smelly areas. It is a component of calcium carbonate and is used to enrich the soil or disinfect barns. It is… not harmful to animals or insects of any kind. It is not a pesticide as some think. It only enriches the soil and helps vegetables or fruit grow better. Calcium Carbonate is a dietary supplement that many people take daily for their bones. However, do not eat lime as I'm sure the taste is awful. Anything in extremely large quantities will hurt anyone or anything. If your dog or cat licks it, rest assured they won't do it twice.
no it is not ..it will kill yard odor..i use it every summer in chain spaces
I would guess so because they are so high in acid and that is bad for dogs. By the way are you smarter than a fifth grader? Because I am a fifth grader.
No. Too much lime can be too toxic for their system to handle.
Yes But try to keep them out of the woods .Also try to get them treated quickly.
yep im pretty sure
Yes, it is possible if there is a bacteria or mold growing on or within the lime. This is very uncommon and very unlikely, though.
That depends on what you do with it. If you're planning to drop 50 pound bags of it on them from five stories up, for example, it's probably going to be deleterious to their h…ealth. It's also most likely bad for them to eat a lot of it. It's kind of unlikely that they'd volunteer to, since it basically tastes like chalk (because it basically IS chalk), but then again dogs are pretty stupid sometimes. If you're asking "is it safe to use it in your garden that your dog occasionally walks past", then yes, it should be fine.
yes, if they simply lick or eat or even touch a lime tree they can get a poisned willy which means they can not make any babies with the female sex x x x x x x x x x
In Guinea Pigs
lime is poisonous to pigs as sometimes it is sweet
Lime is not poisonous ,or toxic when in contact with skin , unlessthe dog licks it's feet, and ingests it . Lime is however causticwhen wet , and can cause burns , or at least… irritation. The bestthing to do if you notice your dog has stepped in lime is to washthe feet immediately in lots of water , use a water bottle , or apuddle , but use your fingers to help spread the toes to remove alltraces of the lime.