What percentage of the world's population has Down syndrome?
Varying statistics reported by our users:
- 2 percent of the world's population has Down syndrome.
- According to Wikipedia, 0.1-0.125 % of babies who are born have Down syndrome (1 in every 800-1000 births).
- The overall incidence of Down syndrome is 1:660 newborns, thereby making it the most common genetically diverse configuration in humans.
- Research shows that 1:800-1000 people (approximately 900) are born with Down syndrome. If you compare this with the number of people on earth - 6.5 billion - then there are about 7,222,222 people with Down syndrome. This is about 0.11111110769231% of the approximate population of earth.
- According to scientific data, Down syndrome occurs in 1 out of every 750 births. The incidence, however, increases dramatically with increasing maternal age. If you look at the Related link below, you will see that, under about age 30, there is a 1:1000 chance in having a child with Down syndrome; at age 40, however, there is about a 1:100 chance. This increases to 1:10 by age 50.
- Approximately 1:800-1,000 babies are born with Down syndrome.
- The overall incidence of Down syndrome is 1:660 newborns.
43 people found this useful
If the population of Asia is 4,050,404,000 and there are just under6.8 billion people on the planet you will find this percentage tobe approximately 59.56% . There are actua…lly only about 3,900,000,000 people in Asia and theworld population is about 6,970,000,000 so that comes to around 56% .
About 15 percent of the world's population is Roman Catholic. Thecountry with the most Catholics is Brazil, followed by Mexico, andthen the United States.
There are studies ( Am J Epidemiol 1997; 145: 134-47) indicating that Hispanics possibly have a higher incidence at maternal age under 40. The question is as always, how reli…able are those numbers.
It's 82% for now. Highest rate in the history by the way.
4.6% roughly. American population: 307,006,550 - Jul 2009 Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division World Population:6,697,254,041 - 2008 Source: World Bank, …World Development Indicators
Unbelievably, the percentage of the world's population being uneducated, is 46 percent. *Considering that most of the world's population is still involved in farming and oth…er subsistence activities, in villages or smaller social units, the figure of 46 percent is not credible.
According to the CIA World Factbook, out of the total world population of 7.015 billion 13.78% are Hindus. (as of 2009 estimation) Hinduism is growing at around 1.52 pe…rcent annually.
2% of the US population and 4% of the worlds population are red heads
Itis estimated that 1 billion
1 in every 1,000 babies that is born. 1 is the down syndrome and 1,000 is the people that dont.