Deeds and Ownership

An ex-partner moved out but refuses to sign the title over they have a child together can you change the locks?

User Avatar
Wiki User
August 16, 2008 3:09PM

No. You cannot bar the co-owner from the property. This is one of the difficulties that can arise from joint ownership of property. This matter will need to be resolved in court. You should seek the advice of an attorney who may be able to negotiate an agreement to buy your ex-partner's interest.