Children and Divorce

Are there other fathers who lost their children to a narcissistic spouse after divorce?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2014-05-23 21:41:26
2014-05-23 21:41:26

A one word answer would be Yes. Narcissistic disorder is sometimes not the easiest one to identify and it is quite possible that a person may get away with it and retain custody - assuming she choses to retain custody for any reason.

In the majority of US states parents must file a parenting plan with the court when custodial rights are in dispute. Custodial issues are decided on what is in the best interest of the child, and it's up to the other parent and his or her attorney to prove the opposing parent is narcissistic. But even if they do prove it, that doesn't necessarily mean the judge will definitely rule one way or the other. It varies from case to case, judge to judge, and parent to parent.


Related Questions

after one year if the spouse does not answer an ad inthe local newspaper the divorce is final

In a divorce, the other spouse has to be notified of the motion for divorce, and they also have to be notified of your intention to sue for custody fo the children. So, no, it's not possible to be granted a divorce or custody of the children without the other spouse being notifiied of the intent.

It depends on the crime, where you were when your spouse did whatever he/she did, and whether you have an allabi. GET A LAWYER

You would need to sue your former spouse for a modification of the divorce degree. Proper venue for this suit would depend on where the former spouse and children currently live.

No you cannot sue your spouse on that ground. However, you can divorce him.No you cannot sue your spouse on that ground. However, you can divorce him.No you cannot sue your spouse on that ground. However, you can divorce him.No you cannot sue your spouse on that ground. However, you can divorce him.

Adultery is when you cheat on your spouse and divorce is when you end the marriage from your spouse.

Probably Spouse first, then his Estate then the children.

His spouse or his minor children if he is not married.

how do you divorce a spouse who is in prison and what forms do i use

Generally, insurance companies do not allow an ex-spouse to be carried on a policy after a divorce. Children, however, are able to be carried.

You can't. You can only prevent any children from being moved.

In this state, at least, your spouse must file for divorce in the county of residence. All court documents with only a few exceptions (children, sealed incitements) are public record. If a petition for a divorce has been filed, it will be on record.

While the divorce is pending, the spouse is still the spouse, and the legal status does not change. On the day that the divorce is granted, the spouse is no longer the spouse, and reverts to non-related.

In the state Of Oklahoma who do you get divorce if your spouse refuses to sign the papers

If you and your divorced spouse have children, then you can add the word (divorved) to the spouse's entry. Many computer programs that make family trees provide a field to indicate a divorce. If you have no children with that spouse, you can leave the spouse off the tree if you want.

Spouse or not. Married or not. Your relationship to the ex is irrelelvent. The father of the children (or fathers) are on the top of a long list of "family" in relation to the children. Multiple fathers will split up the children. Create a living will so the kids can stay together with ONE father.

yes, if the citizen thinks that his spouse his annoying

There is no set time limit. It will depend on many factors, like if there is property or children involved, or if your spouse agrees to the divorce or not.

No. For more info see

You can file for divorce without his approval. The lawyer will serve your spouse with the papers in prison and usually anyone in prison will grant the divorce. If he should refuse the law is basically on your side, but if you have children other provisions may have to be made because he is the father of those children and the courts would have to decide that. Marcy

You can divorce a spouse if a judge decides to grant you a divorce. Legally is different from ethical considerations.

No in most states, and even than, the separated parent can file an injunction to prevent it or have the children returned.

NO. Not unless there are children involved. If there are children, you should consult with your attorney.

The community property will be split in half, half for his spouse and the other half for his children. The separate property, if any, will go to the children, with 1/3rd going to the spouse. And the spouse will have a life estate in 1/3rd of all real property with the remainder to the children.

No, the petitioner spouse can receive a divorce under the state's default laws.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.