Credit and Debit Cards
Debt Collection
Debt Responsibility
Medical Billing and Coding

Are you responsible for your living spouses medical bills in Virginia?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-11-24 13:52:46
2013-11-24 13:52:46

It is normal to have responsibility for it. The insurance often also required the spouse to accept responsibility and the primary insurance holder is always required to do so.

User Avatar

Related Questions

They are typically going to be held responsible. The debt is used to buy goods and services. The spouse is considered to have benefited from these debts.

The father is usually always the person responsible for the insurance.

Parents are responsible for their children until they reach the age of majority or are emancipated.

In Pennsylvania, the surviving spouse, or whoever is listed in the will as beneficiary, is responsible for medical bills. Any debt incurred would be owed by the living spouse.

The web address of the Virginia Living Museum is:

people in Virginia made ther living by farming and trading.

Normally a child is not going to be responsible. The exception would be that they co-signed for the bills.

The phone number of the Virginia Living Museum is: 757-595-1900.

Normally, yes. But it is a very good idea for both spouses to get a living will because you never know what the future will bring and you don't want to take a chance on being the next Terry Schiavo. Children don't have juristiction in medical decisions of their parents unless the one making the decision is found incompetent.

The estate will be responsible for the bills. The spouse indirectly will pay, as they cannot inherit until they are resolved.

Enzymes in a living system are typically responsible for digestion. Enzymes can also be responsible for the absorption of nutrients.

The reproductive system is responsible for creating a new living organism.

The address of the Virginia Living Museum is: 524 J Clyde Morrs Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601-1929

Living in Virginia beach is awesome! You get to go to go to the beach like everyday! It's so cool!

The cast of Living in the Heart of Virginia - 2010 includes: Terra Wellington as herself

Yes, you should file an identity theft report with the FTC at their website, and make a report with your local P.D. of Sheriff's office and submit to creditors letting them know you were a victim of fraud. Good Luck

Probably not. They might be in some circumstances, such as if the adult children were developmentally disabled, but where the adult children live is not really a factor.

Some medical insurance plans will cover an adult child up to about age 24 under certain circumstances. Some plans will cover them if they are in college, living at home or are permanent dependents of the parents.

Yes legally you are still responsible for your daughter as long as she is living in your home. Now if she no longer is living with you than you are responsible in ethical aspect as you are their parent.

As we are all living on the planet we are all responsible for the global warming.

He was in Virginia City, Montana writing for the Virginia City Newspaper.

There are many zoos in Virginia. I would say the main ones would include Virginia Zoo, Virginia Living Museum, Metro Richmond Zoo, Mill Mountain Zoo, and the Virginia Aquarium.

Yes, even if indirectly. If they are still living, yes, they are jointly responsible. Since they are married, any benefit to one is considered a benefit to the other. If the spouse has passed away, the estate is responsible for the medical bills of the deceased. And since the spouse is normally the recipient of the estate, the bills will affect how much the spouse will inherit. Some of the assets, such as property held as Tenants in the Entirety, becomes the property of the spouse. Other assets may have to be liquidated to pay the bills, including medical expenses and funeral costs.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.