Arkansas Law

Can Arkansas authorities come and get a female from Texas if she is 17 and living in a better home if her family lives in Arkansas?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-08-23 00:53:45

Yes, if the parents file a petition with an Arkansas court

requesting the minor be taken into custody and returned to the

family home. Or if the minor is taken into custody by Texas

authorities for any reason. Adults who allow a minor to reside in

their home without having received permission from the minor's

parents or guardian are subject to criminal charges and civil

action. It is a violation of federal law for a minor to cross state

lines without parental permission. (18 USC 2243 & 18 USC


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.