Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Age of Consent & Underage Relationships

Can a 16 year old living in California move to BC Canada without parental consent?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-02-01 07:21:31
2012-02-01 07:21:31

No, you can not move to Another Country at 16 without parental permission.

User Avatar

Related Questions

No there is not. Under 18 means you will need parents consent.

You can legally move out without parental consent at age 16.

You have to be an adult. In the provinces it is 18 years old.

When you reach the age of majority. That is 18 years old in Manitoba.

15, with parental consent. 18, by yourself.

Yes, in Ontario at least. 16 with parental consent, 18 without. yes

* It all depends on where you are in the world, but I think in the US and Canada, with parental consent, you can get married at 14 or 16. But don't try to rush things, you're young yet. Without parental consent I believe it's 18 or 19.

You generally have to be 18 years of age, although in many jurisdictions you can be 16 if you have parental or judicial consent. Notably, in Quebec, Canada, you can marry at 16 without consent.

No, they cannot move at age 16. They will have to wait until they are 18 or have permission.

The minimum age for marriage in all US states that have legalized same-sex marriage is 18. (Younger persons can marry with parental consent, judicial consent, or both.) However, a 16-year-old can marry in Québec, Canada. Same-sex marriage is also legal in Canada.

There is no state in the United States where a 16-year-old can get married without parental consent. There is nowhere within the U.S., Canada or Mexico where a 16 year old may get married without notarized parental consent and, possibly a court order. This is because it has been found that is just not a good life choice for 16 year olds to marry. There are exceptions to the laws for pregnancy, but they vary. A website with more information is: http://marriage.about.com/cs/teenmarriage/a/teenus.htm

I don't believe so... I tried but my parents just got the police after me... They would consider it a runaway. I understand though :)

You Must be 16 years of age to get pierced in Canada, without parental consent. However, with parental permission you can get pierced at almost any age, but most responisble palces will require you be 12-14. I got my eyebrow peirced at 13, ended up taking it out and got a Monroe at 14.

If you're talking about a 17-year-old moving out of the country *without parental consent*--NO!

In New York you have to be at least 18 to get married without permission. That holds true in all the states in the US and in Canada. With parental permission you can get married at 16.

No. All states require minors under the age of 18 to have PARENTAL consent. Also, in Canada you need parental consent also. Source: I am a Canadian and American citizen going to get his first piercing.

In Canada will make you have parental concent until you are of 16 years of age with valid photo ID. This goes for any body piercing excluding genital piercings, in which the legal age rises to 18 with valid photo ID. The rules may be slightly different in different provinces or citys.

If parents consent, and the friend is above the age of majority, they can become he 15-year-old's legal guardian, and yes they can live together. If the friend is not of legal age to live without guardianship (16 in Canada) then no, that is unlawful.

No you can not move out at 14 without parental consent. If you are being abused where you live, contact the police or the Children's Aid Society and they will help remove you from your home and the government then take custody of you and you will be in foster care or with a relative. You can not move out legally on your own at 14 regardless of the reason.

Call the local shops and ask, each shop's age many vary. Under informed consent you will need parental consent under the age of 18years.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.