Asked in
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
North Carolina

Can a 17-year-old in North Carolina move from her father's to her mother's without going through the court system?


User Avatar
Wiki User
May 21, 2005 7:41PM

If the minor has the permission of the custodial parent she can. However, if there is a child support order in place, it will become a matter of the court regardless.