Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

Can a 17-year-old legally move out without parental consent or emancipation?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-07-22 05:22:47
2008-07-22 05:22:47

No, not legally.


Related Questions

With parental consent or by emancipation.

Only with parental consent or through emancipation. You cannot own property with just parental consent.

Not legally, without parental consent. You must be 18 years old or have court-ordered emancipation.

Unless you get married or get early emancipation you can not move out. And you need their consent for marriage and since you live at home you do not qualify for early emancipation. So you just have to wait.

A minor can not legally decide where to live without parental permission or emancipation from the court.

With parental consent or emancipation. Some states allow emancipation for fifteen year olds, and some do not. You will have to look up the laws of emancipation for your state. Without emancipation, you cannot sign a contract or own property.

by 19 you are legally an adult, and should have the right to move out. However, with parental consent or emancipation, it may be possible at an earlier age.

Not without parental consent or emancipation by the court. Having a baby does not emancipate you.

Not legally, but if parental consent is given, there's not really any repercussion or consequence.

You have to be 18 to marry without parental consent. If you are 16/17 you can marry with parental consent. If you are under 16 you need parental consent and court approval.

No, not unless they are legally emancipated (and emancipation by court order is rarely granted in any state)

Legally you have to be eighteen to move out without their consent. The only other option, short of getting them to agree to it, is to file with the court for emancipation.

Only with parental consent.

Yes, IF you have parental consent.

The legal age for parental consent is 16, without parental consent, it is 18 years of age to be legally married.

When you are 18 or with parental consent.

Legally you must be an adult to sign a contract. With Parental consent and cosigning, you could get an apartment.

No, you need parental consent or you must be legally emancipated. The age of majority is 18.

16/17 can marry with parental consent. Under 16 needs parental consent and court approval.

With parental consent or you can try emancipation by the court but then you need really serious reasons for it since NYC don't have a emancipation statue and it's all based on the facts of the individual.

The only way a 17 year old can move out on their own is to get legally emancipated. If the minor attempts to move out without emancipation, they can be charged as a runaway.

You can get an emancipation by getting married or legally separating yourself from your parents. You can go to courts and get married if your over 16 with parental consent, and i think you have to go to the court to also separate yourself from your parents. I'm pretty sure that you have to have a valid reason and proof.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.