Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

Can a 17 year old boy who was adopted by his grandparents be emancipated and live on his social security disability?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-02-14 08:56:41
2011-02-14 08:56:41

If the judge allow you to be emancipated yes.

User Avatar

Related Questions

can a miner who was adopted from the state of indiana become emancipated

No, but she lived with her grandparents for most of her childhood.

If your brother adopted you, you are his son or daughter and his in-laws are your grandparents by adoption.

No. Grandparents don't have rights, only what the parents allow them to. If living in a state where grandparents have the right to petition for visitation, there is also no contact allowed if the child is adopted away. All ties are cut with the previous family.

Only if the adoptive parents agree to it or if the grandparents have a court order.

Only if the adopted child is mentioned in the biological grandparents' will. The child no longer has any rights regarding the biological family. They belong to the adoptive family as if born to them.

There are no laws against searching but legally they are not their grandparents anymore. If they do succeed the choice to see the children is the adoptive parents.

Get adopted, age out or be emancipated. They have no standing in the court otherwise. see link

No, that is no longer an option unless the grandparents (now parents) give permission. In order for the grandparents to adopt, the father's rights had to have been given up.

At age eighteen you are beyond adoption, you would become emancipated (in the US).

yes she also had an adopted child named Gertie and 10 siblings not including her.

Yes, according to adoption.com [http://famous.adoption.com/famous/nelson-willie.html] Nelson was abandoned by his mother during his first year and then adopted and raised by his grandparents.

If the child was adopted the grand parents have no rights. It would be up to the adoptive parents whether any relationship could be maintained.

Since this is the adoption category I assume you mean not the biological grandchildren but foster kids who have never been adopted. And no, they have no right at all to anything their foster family leaves behind unless they are mentioned in the will. If you mean biological children they inherit their parents who in their turn inherit their parents, your grandparents. So unless the grandchild is mentioned in the will or the parents are deceased, the grandchild will not inherit the grandparents.

A pregnant minor or one who is already a parent is not emancipated apart from regarding their health or the child. And adopted children are legally like the biological ones to the adoptive parent. This means you are not emancipated until you are 18 and can only then decide where to go or move.

Allowing such visitation would be totally at the discretion of the adopting parents. There is not a law that would force them to allow any relatives of the adopted child to continue a relationship. Grandparents as does any person that can is considered an "interested party" have the option to file for guardianship or adoption of the child if they so choose.

As a minor you can not be adopted against your guardians wishes unless they have mistreated you in some way and loose their parental rights.

Gave security to the peasants and gave power and wealth to the land owner

Emancipation laws vary by state. You need to check the laws of the state that you reside in. Be aware that not all states have an emancipation statute. At a minimum, you would have to provide a valid reason that emancipation would be in your best interest (*just* wanting to move in with Dad is not a valid reason) and prove that you are capable of fully supporting yourself, which doesn

{| |- | Yes, you can. Florida has an emancipation statute. The current guardian has to file the petition. |}

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.