Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-05-28 23:19:35

Bankruptcy is normally voluntary, however if your creditors feel it is required for them to get paid and you refuse, they can force it - an involuntary bankruptcy.


Related Questions

Bankruptcy is when a person or a firm thinks that they are in financial crisis, they go out for filing bankruptcy in related court.

You will receive, directly from the bankruptcy court, a notice of filing and information on filing your claim with the court. If you believe a person has filed bankruptcy, and you know the person' s address, you can check with the clerk of the bankruptcy court. The bankruptcy court one files in is determined by the county within which the debtor resides.

Absolutely, you can send the notice of bankruptcy filing to the court and you will not have to attend.

Contact the clerk for the court your bankruptcy was filed. Bankruptcy documents are available but you will typically be charged a copy fee. The clerk can provide you with this information.

Your question needs to be addressed to an attorney familiar with bankruptcy laws as well as fraud statutes. You could begin by informing the bankruptcy trustee. That is the person assigned by the bankruptcy court to determine the eligibility of the bankruptcy applicant. If you can't find out who this person is, try calling the bankruptcy court. Bankruptcy is a federal court issue. There are usually two bankruptcy courts per state.

A person or persons would need to file for bankruptcy before having any contact with the court and/or bankruptcy trustee. A bankruptcy discharge is what is granted if the filing is deemed valid.

Probably, assuming they are actually bankrupt. If they are not actually bankrupt, then the automatic stay will delay the small claims court for a while, but the person who filed for bankruptcy is going to end up in even more hot water with the bankruptcy court.

A person who is engaged in a bankruptcy proceeding cannot convey property outside of the court proceeding. You should contact the trustee in bankruptcy for advice because the court will want to review the transaction. You will likely need a court order to execute the deed.

Federal Bankruptcy Court hears bankruptcy cases.

A company filing for bankruptcy must do so at a court, which is generally a matter for public record. Local procedures will determine the manner in which you can access this information.

The highest court in any state is the state's Supreme Court. So, the Georgia Supreme Court.

Yes, bankruptcy will halt any lawsuit action. If the lawsuit will be included and discharged in the bankruptcy is dependent upon the ruling of the court.

Venue lies in the federal bankruptcy court district where the person has lived for the past 6 months, or most of the past six months. Since it is a federal court, it has jurisdiction over all issues from another state. Consult an experienced local bankruptcy lawyer.

Yes, a finance company from Georgia can garnish wages even if the person lives and works in South Carolina. If the company got a judgement in court, they can garnish the wages in any state.

Yes. The federal court system has exclusive jurisdiction over bankruptcy cases; they are heard in US Bankruptcy Court.

The bankruptcy court will deal with ALL your assets.

Bankruptcy can be filed at the Bankruptcy court for the area you are in. For instance in Northern Florida, it's the Florida Northern District Bankruptcy Court.

You should always confirm your claim by filing a claim form with the bankruptcy court. It confirms the amount you're owed. If the amount differs from the amount that the company has on file, you may need an attorney at some point, because if the company contests or disagrees with your claim, the company could submit to the court to wipe out the entire amount or partial amount.

In a FEDERAL Bankruptcy court

If a company goes into a Chapter 11 owing your company money, you need to submit a claim to the bankruptcy court yesterday.

Bankruptcy Court is filed in Federal District Court, however, exemptions claimed are state regulated.

You can contact the office of the bankruptcy attorney who is responsible for filing and managing the bankruptcy case. The bankruptcy court will automatically send the bankruptcy attorney copies of the bankruptcy paperwork. In most situations the bankruptcy attorney or the office paralegals will be able to tell you the date of bankruptcy in person or via telephone. Visit the United States Bankruptcy Court Federal Record Retrieval website. Once at the website, enter your name at the time of filing for bankruptcy, the state where the bankruptcy was filed, and the year you believe the case was filed. Then you will get the full details of your date of the bankruptcy.

Not after the bankruptcy has been discharged. If the person is participating in a chapter 13 bankruptcy they must have the permission of the trustee/court to engage in any major financial transactions.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.