Citizenship and Marriage

Can a mother take her kids on vacation to another state without the fathers consent if the divorce is in the early stages and not finalized yet but the acknowledgement of divorce has been signed?



User Avatar
Wiki User

This depends on the jurisdiction, but MOST states have a rule that says a parent can't leave the home state with the children with the intention of depriving the Court of jurisdiction over issues related to the children. Thus, MOST states permit vacations outside the children's home state, provided that they will be returned to the jurisdiction at the conclusion of the vacation.