Deeds and Ownership

Can deeds be transferred in wife's name as husband has gone away?


Wiki User

No. You need to check with an attorney if the property is in the husband's name or owned jointly. Either he must sign the deed or if he is "of parts unknown" his title must pass by virtue of a court decree. If he is away in military service or other employment then his wife must have a power of attorney in order to sign his name to the deed.