Children and the Law
Child Support

Can the custodial parent bring a 15-year-old to the non-custodial parent and tell them if he is returned they will put him in boys school?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-07-15 21:27:53
2015-07-15 21:27:53

If a parent wishes to relinquish custodial rights it must be done through the court. Actions such as described obviously can happen, but threats and intimidation of anyone (especially children) is not advisable and certainly not acceptable. The welfare of the child is what is important. The custodial parent would not be able to place the child in any school (other than a private or boarding/educational facility) w/o ajudication via juvenile court.


Related Questions

User Avatar

what if the noncustodial parent still reside with the custodial parent, is noncustodial parent still obligated to pay childsupport

User Avatar

If the noncustodial parent tries to keep the child, the custodial parent can get the noncustodial parent charged with kidnapping and contempt of court both can be jail time for the noncustodial.

User Avatar

Yes. The marital status of the custodial parent change does not change the obligation of the noncustodial parent.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.