Asked in
Law & Legal Issues

Can you be hospitalized against your will I live in Kentucky and I have an eating disorder I'm over 18 Can they commit me against my will?


User Avatar
Wiki User
August 15, 2010 2:46AM

A person can be hospitalized against their will (if they are over the legal age, which - in Kentucky - is 18) if they are in a non-stable condition and someone is assigned to make health decisions for them, or if they are deemed an immediate threat or danger to themselves and / or others.