Best Answer


User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 18:27:11
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can you be listed as a beneficiary even if your Social Security number is not written on the policy?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Who is entered on the social security death index?

Anyone who holds a Social Security Card at the time of their death will be listed on the Social Security Death Index.

What form listed the amount of social security taxes that were paid during the year?

check with social security adminstration office.

What if no beneficiary is listed?

If no beneficiary is listed on an insurance policy the proceeds will be paid to the decedent/owner's estate.

Where is social security tax withheld on check stub?

It should be listed as FICA. Listed next to Federal and State withholding, you'll also see FICA - that is your contribution to Social Security.

Can the 1st listed beneficiary deny receiving the death payment If so will the 2nd listed beneficiary receive the money?

If the first person who is listed as the beneficiary does not want the payment it will go to the second person listed. If there is no second person listed it will go to the spouse.

If you are the beneficiary listed on an insurance policy how can a person or persons not listed on the policy contest the claim if a change of benefit form was requested but never submitted?

Legally and contractually the named beneficiary is the beneficiary.

How many specialites for lawyers are listed in Wichita, KS?

I only found three listed, accident, disability and social security.

Can you file your taxes together if you are married but do not have the same last name?

Sure you can just be sure and enter your name correctly as it listed on your social security card and your social security number correctly from your social security card. And it does not make any difference who is listed first as the primary taxpayer on the 1040 federal income tax return.

What do you need to be a representative of your elderly mother for social security?

You need be be listed as "power of attorney" for her.

Person listed as beneficiary?

A person listed as a beneficiary is the receiver of any proceeds from an insurance policy. They are normally named in the policy document or can be named in a will.

If you are not listed as a beneficiary on your fathers life insurance policy are you entitled to anything?

You are entitled to no proceeds from the life policy if the beneficiary or contingent beneficiary is still alive.

Don't you think that Michael Jackson has so much money to manage to listed on the social security death index?

No, he's dead that's why he's listed on there.

Can children be claimed twice in tax purposes?

No...each child must have a Social Security number listed on the tax return.

In the state of Georgia will you be able to continue drawing social security from the death of a parent after high school graduation if i attend college?

Georgia has nothing to do with it, Social Security is Federal. I believe you can collect until 21 or 24 as long as you are in school. You can call Social Security and ask. There will be a phone number listed in the phone book or you can ask online.

Does the beneficiary listed on a bank account override the will?

Yes, the benefciary overrides a will.

What does it mean when the beneficiary of a life insurance policy is the employer but there's a surviving spouse who is not listed as a beneficiary?

Generally, the proceeds will be paid to the named beneficiary. However, the survivor should discuss the situation with an attorney.

If the person that dies listed a beneficiary instead of a son do the benefits go to the beneficiary or the son?

For an insurance policy and/or retirement benefits it goes to the beneficiary designated. For a will, there could be grounds to contest it.

Is beneficiary information on life policy a public record?

No it is not. The beneficiary information is listed on the policy and with the home office of the insurance company, but there is no reporting of it elsewhere.

Can ex-spouse collect deceased husbands insurance if first deceased wife name is still listed as beneficiary?

No, an ex-spouse can't collect a deceased husbands insurance if the first wife is listed as beneficiary even if the fist wife is now deceased. The money will go to the beneficiary's heirs.

What is the adjective form for beneficiary?

The word beneficiary is a noun but is also used as an adjective. Examples: Noun: You are listed as the beneficiary on your Aunt Alice's life insurance. Adjective: The beneficiary result of saving your money is that you can afford that vacation.

If the person listed beneficiary on a life insurance policy is deceased will it automatically go to the current wife?

It will go to the alternate beneficiary, if one is listed if not it will be paid to the estate to be distributed in the same way as any other money in the estate.

There is no beneficiary on my mother's life insurance policy?

If no beneficiary is listed on a life insurance policy then the benefits are payable to the insured's estate. The beneficiary can be changed at any time prior to the death of the insured if this is the person's desire.

You have your children listed on your life insurance policy if you get married will the benificiary's change?

If you are the insured you can change the beneficiary at any time as long as it is not an irrivocable beneficiary and there is insurable interest

What if a spouse dies and you may be a beneficiary to their 401k but you divorced 10 years ago are you still eligble?

IF you are still the beneficiary on file for your ex-spouse then you are legally entitled to that money. If there was an updated beneficiary that lists other people as the beneficiary then you are not. On caveat is if you are listed as the beneficiary and the ex-spouse has a will in place that leaves the account to someone else, then you are not entitled.

My mother has a single premium deferred annuity when she dies do her children receive cash from that annuity?

Are the children the beneficiary's of the Annuity? Annuity's are like Life insurance, they have named beneficiary's listed in the contract. If the children are listed, then yes they are going to benefit from this account.

Study guides

Create a Study Guide