Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2010-10-18 22:33:15
2010-10-18 22:33:15

Yes, under certain circumstances. A widow or widower who is disabled may collect survivors' benefits as early as age 50; however, the widow(er) must be at least 60 years old to collect survivors' retirement benefits. If the widow(er) has not yet reached full retirement age (65 for people born before 1943; 66 for people born between 1943 and 1954), the benefit will be reduced.

A spouse or divorced spouse of any age may collect survivors' benefits if caring for the deceased person's minor children who are under age 16.

Ex-spouses are also eligible for survivors' benefits, using the guidelines above, if the marriage lasted at least ten years.


Related Questions

Only if you qualify for SSDI (disability) or survivors' benefits under Social Security guidelines. A widow, widower, or qualifying ex-spouse may receive Social Security survivors' benefits for retirement as early as age 60, or age 50 if disabled. The earliest a person can collect regular Social Security retirement benefits is age 62.

No you cannot collect social security benefits while collecting unemployment benefits.

no.railroad benefits is your type of social security.

Yes, you can collect from them both at the same time, as long as you qualified for each of them.can you collect unemployment and social security

You can collect both unemployment insurance benefits and social security benefits at the same time in Colorado. In Colorado unemployment insurance does not count social security benefits as part of your income.

Social Security benefits are usually paid out at a set age. You may also receive social security for a spouse if they pass away or for a child if their parent passes away before they are 18 years old.

It is a federal tax to support the Social Security old age and survivors benefits and the Social Security Disability Income benefits.

No. There really is no such thing as "unused" benefits. If a person pays FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes but dies before he or she can collect benefits, his or her widow or widower and minor children, or adult children disabled before age 22 (if applicable) can collect monthly checks for survivors' benefits. Able-bodied adult children or those who became disabled after age 22 cannot collect benefits from their mother's Social Security (FICA) contributions. The unpaid amount remains in the Social Security trust fund.

Here is a link to Social Security Online, where you will find answers to such questions. Note that your ex-wife does not collect YOUR social security benefits: She may collect ---- benefits from the Soc Sec fund, based on your Social Security record, if she is at least age 62 and if you are entitled to or are receiving benefits.

100%. You collect your full benefits until you die.

Old age survivors and disability insurance (oasdi) social security benefits and medicare insurance .

No, Pennsylvania is not one of the fourteen states that taxes Social Security benefits.

Yes. If you qualify for unemployment benefits in your state, you can also collect Social Security benefits as they are 2 separate and distinct programs that do not interfere with each other.

Collecting Social Security would not interfere with your compensation disability

While on social security disability if sentenced to a mental facility can you still collect

Not likely. Most insurers, if they know that they are on social security benefits, would not loan the money to them.

Yes, you can collect both Social Security and unemployment benefits at the same time in Missouri.

Yes, if you were fired or laid off you can collect unemployment & it doesn't matter if you're drawing Social Security.

Yes, but only under special circumstances. A widow or widower can collect survivors' benefits at age 60, as can an ex-spouse who was married to the deceased for at least ten years. It is also possible to receive Social Security disability (SSDI) compensation at this age, if you meet SSA qualifications. The earliest a person can collect regular retirement benefits is age 62.

No, Social Security doesn't pay benefits to unmarried partners under the current law.

No. If you're in the United States illegally, you are not entitled to any Social Security benefits.

Social Security is a Federal program, not administered by California.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.