Can you get a change of venue awarded in a custody situation?

No. You can appeal the court's decision but any custody case will usually be managed in the court of jurisdiction. You need to consult with an attorney in your area, one who specializes in custody and family law. You can file a petition for custody and/or a visitation schedule. Unless there is a question of fitness of the parent, courts seek to encourage healthy relationships with the child and both parents. You could visit the court and ask to speak with an advocate if you cannot afford to consult with an attorney.