answersLogoWhite
Health
Conditions and Diseases
Tattoos and Body Art
Infectious Diseases

Can you get ink poisoning from tattoos?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-11-19 21:05:17

Maybe.

You may have a problem in the form of an allergic reaction, however tattoo ink composition is rarely published for you to read, so one can never be sure of what you are really getting, the best you can do to avoid problems it to get a 'patch test'.

A patch test is a method wherein your artist tests a particular ink on a small section of skin to note if you have an adverse reaction before beginning the real tattoo. Black ink is usually relatively inert, while colors, such as red inks can be more prone to cause allergic reactions.

1. http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa121602a.htm 2. Got Ink ebook (pdf download: http://rapidshare.com/files/52377101...lustrated_.rar)

567
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0
User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions


There is no such thing as "ink poisoning". People wouldn't get tattoos if there was, so you don't have to worry about getting it.


yes you can if the cut is deep enough for blood to come out


Only if you are using actual INK from a bic pen or something of the sort. The word "ink" in relations to tattoos is a misnomer. It is actually pigment. Buy real ink.


Indian ink not biro otherwise you could get blood poisoning


Tattoos are harmful because you could get ink poisoning from the ink used. You could also develope an allergic reaction to the types of pigments used in certain colors of ink.


No, writing on your hands with pens too much does though


you might just be in ink pain If you mean a while after, it's probably some form of ink poisoning. It's not uncommon.


It would be highly unlikely if you had ink poisoning, unless your kidneys had failed in which case the victim would have collapsed previously. Ink is not a particularly poisonous substance and although it may technically count as poison because it is unnatural in the body, it is essentially harmless. Tattoos are made by making cuts in the skin and rubbing ink in, so the people who have lots of tattoos would surely be very unhealthy if ink was truly poisonous.


Tattoos can cause skin cancer to your body and ink poisoning to your skin ______________________________________________________________ The above given answer could not be any more incorrect. Tattoos do neither of these things.


you can get ink poisoning by putting ink all over cause ink has poisoning


The cure for ink poisoning is vomiting unless a professional has instructed you to.


You can get ink poisoning by getting a lot of ink in your mouth, or if you write on yourself a lot. I hope this helps! -Flashlight


no, if you draw on yourself with ink and the ink gets into your system then you can get Ink poisoning, however, who in their right minds is going to drink Ink? My mate please help


You may have ink poisoning if you are experiencing eye irritation and staining of the skin or other mucus membranes. Ink poisoning can also cause stomach cramps and vomiting.



I KNOW PEOPLE, WHO HAVE GOTTEN TATTOO'S WITH BALL POINT PEN INK, AND THEY HAVE NEVER GOTTEN INK POISONING. I KNOW PEOPLE, WHO HAVE GOTTEN TATTOO'S WITH BALL POINT PEN INK, AND THEY HAVE NEVER GOTTEN INK POISONING. I KNOW PEOPLE, WHO HAVE GOTTEN TATTOO'S WITH BALL POINT PEN INK, AND THEY HAVE NEVER GOTTEN INK POISONING.


1. What on earth are you thinking! Get a tattoo done professionally. 2. Yes you probably could get ink poisoning so please don't do this.


this question is relative. seek the advice of a physician immediately if you think you have "ink poisoning".


You will know if you have ink poisoning because you will of had to ingested alot of ink, or gotten ink in a cut. You will know if you got ink in a cut because it burns and itches


Unless you're allergic to the metallic oxides that the pigment is comprised of (usually the color Red), then no. You can't get "ink poisoning" from it being that it's not ink, it's a pigment mixed within a carrier agent.


Every type of poisoning is bad.


Tattoos are made of ink pigments embedded in the skin.


NO. Tattoos hurt because of the needle guns that puncture the skin to leave ink behind. Black light tattoos do not hurt anymore or less than regular tattoos. Their ink is what glows in black light, and it is very similar to regular ink.


Ink Poisoning is not more dangerous than lead poisoning though they are equally dangerous. They both occur with long exposure to ink or lead. They are generally not fatal but have damaging effects on the body if not dealt with.


It Depends On The Quantity And Type Of Ink.



Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.