Homeowner's Insurance

Can you get insurance for a home you are not living in?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-06-05 17:00:50
2015-06-05 17:00:50

Insurance for your other home. Yes, If your occupancy status has changed, you have moved or if you just plan not to occupy you will need to notify the Home Insurer. If you'll be leaving the home vacant for a while then you'll need to ad a vacancy endorsement to avoid voiding your coverage. If you rent the home out you'll need a rental coverage endorsement.

Occupancy changes of the home can significantly change your insuring needs and associated risk factors and can void all coverage if not properly issued or endorsed.

Your Insurer of choice can advise you of appropriate coverage.

More answers

Rental Properties, Vacant and Seasonal Homes Yes. The following types of Home Owners Policies may be what you need.. 1. Rental Property Coverage, 2. Vacant property Policy or 3. Seasonal Home Policy. Home Fire Insurance Also known in some areas as "Fire Insurance" or a "Fire Policy". IF it is vacant or un-occupied you may have trouble. If it is a seasonal property in most cases the insurance company may require your perm residence to be insured with them as well...this may also apply to the fire policy as well.

More input from others:

  • You have to list it as a rental property and change the insurance type coverage to rental unoccupied.

Related Questions

User Avatar

There are many places to look for home insurance in Columbia. These include: Home Insurance Columbia and Insurance Beaufort. These both offer policies for people living in Columbia.

User Avatar

Yes a teen have to be insured if living at home. The teen would have to be under the parents insurance.

User Avatar

One may get insurance for the contents of their house while living in the UK through Barclays. They provide home insurance as well as content insurance and offer free quotes online.

User Avatar

Yes. Vacant homes present a higher risk to your insurance company. Sometimes it's cheaper getting the insurance where you are residing and actually living than getting the insurance where you are not.

User Avatar

The average quote for home and content insurance for a two bedroom house depends on the value and location of this house. The insurance rate also depends on if you are living there or if it is a rental.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.