1. Cut a carrot 2 inches below its leaves. You can also use the full carrot.
2. In a pot, fill 2/3 with the pebbles, add the carrot, then fill around the carrot, making sure the carrot tip is exposed.
3. Add enough water to the level of the pebbles. Maintain water level at all times.
4. After the roots are exposed and the top leaves have grown, transfer to the soil. Dig a hole long enough to fit the full carrot of carrot piece. Keep the tip above the soil.
5. Water as necessary; In 3-6 weeks, you should have new carrots.