Do you still have custody of your niece if you never signed back to her parents?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-10-06 23:20:55
2012-10-06 23:20:55

That depends on where you live and your custody order. Were you granted temporary custody with parental rights intact? Were the parents divested of their parental rights and you were granted sole legal and physical custody? There are all different kinds of custody agreements and they can be modified. Refer to your documents or seek the advice of an attorney for an informed opinion.

User Avatar

Related Questions

Yes, the parents have to pay child support. They can give you temporary custody.

If the courts determine that you are the most suitable custodian available, you may be given custody of your niece. It is up to the court.

eminems niece is alaina. he has adopted her though and kim and marshall share custody over her

You would have to get a court order. There is going to have to be abuse or neglect in order for them to do that.

If the niece is an adult, her aunt can take her anywhere she wants to go. If the niece is a minor and the aunt has custody, she can take her anywhere she wants, as long as conditions of the award of custody do not limit travel or relocation. If the aunt is not a custodian of a minor niece, then she can take the niece out of the country only with the permission of the custodian or custodial parent.

No, he never married his niece.

Eminem has custody of his daughter and also his niece- his ex-wife's sister's daughter.

My bother/ sisters child. or my friends niece. it was her niece. I you don't have a niece just never say the words I have a niece.

Your aunt's niece is your First Cousin or your sister if you have the same parents.

Your niece is the daughter of your brother or sister. She can have any name her parents choose for her.

Your grandfather's niece or nephew is a first cousin to one of your parents. His great niece (or grand niece) is the daughter of his niece or nephew and therefore is your second cousin.

Your niece and one of your grandson's parents are first cousins. That makes your niece a first cousin once removed of your grandson.

If your uncle is the brother of one of your parents, his niece is your sister or your first cousin, and you are related to them.If your uncle is the husband of a sister of one of your parents, his niece (daughter of one of his siblings) is not related to you.

Scrooges niece is never named in the original book

Your grandfather's niece is the first cousin of one of your parents, and your first cousin, once removed.

His parents were Gaius Octavius and Atia, the niece of Julius Caesar.

Probably, it depends on the state. The best chance would be to convince the father that the child is being neglected - if he signed a waiver agreeing to custody to you then it would aid in the situation to convince a judge that the mother is unfit and that custody should be turned over to you. Legal Aid in your area should be able to help with this as well or any type of legal volunteer agency.

No.You cannot transfer legal custody of a child by a letter. Only a court order can change custody. The child's parents or custodial parent must execute a proper Medical Power of Attorney document and it should be drafted by an attorney who will make certain it conforms with state law.

Your niece is a child of one of your siblings while your cousin is the child of one of your parents siblings. In a direct line, your niece would be closer related to you.

You can still keep in touch with your niece if your brother has partial custody of his daughter. If she is under the age of 18 she is a minor and under the care of possibly custody shared by your brother and his ex wife. On the days your brother may get your niece to spend time with her then you have a chance to spend time with her. Talk to your brother about how you feel. If your niece is 18 or older then she is no longer a minor and it is up to her whether she wants to spend time with you.

Seek legal advice. Look up lawyers on google for your location.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.