Does a child have to visit aparent with visitation rights who lives out of state?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-10-05 19:24:36
2012-10-05 19:24:36

Yes, at least until the child reaches the age of majority (usually 18, sometimes older) in the state where they legally reside.

User Avatar

Related Questions

The legal guardian has all rights over the child unless the mother has visitation rights. If so, they must be followed.

The interstate visitation rights act gives great information in the area of this question.

The custodial parent is the parent in which the child resides with. My son lives with me and I am the custodial parent, his dad has visitation rights and pays child support.

He has whatever rights the courts set forth, but he might have to pay for at least half the travel costs.

No, he has visitation rights. If she wont let him in the house he has the right to see his child somewhere else. If the court agrees he can also get shared custody.

Typically parents have equal rights to their children, but if the child lives in a different country, it's best to hire a lawyer that knows the laws in that country when it comes to things like custody, visitation, and child support

No, but the child can make their wishes known to the court (procedure depends on where the child lives) and custody may be modified based on the same if the child provides a valid and compelling reason why such a modification should be granted.

No. At the minimum, this is ground for a motion to enforce access rights, and change of custody. see link

That means the child lives with you and you have exclusive rights to make all decisions regarding the child.That means the child lives with you and you have exclusiverights to make all decisions regarding the child.That means the child lives with you and you have exclusiverights to make all decisions regarding the child.That means the child lives with you and you have exclusiverights to make all decisions regarding the child.

if the mother terminates her rights can he collect child support from the mother if child lives with him?

the custodial parent is the parent the child lives with the non custodial parent is the parent the child does NOT live with the non custodial parent assuming he / she knows he is a parent... is usually the patitioning parent. if he /she chooses not to seek visitation rights the court cannot force him/ her to see the child.... but they can enforce child support. research the laws for your state.

In the residential jurisdiction of the child. see links for more help.

It depends on the reasons for moving and the age of the child. How has custody of the child.

The child may visit at any age if a court order for visitation is in place. If no such order exists or visitation has been terminated for any reason, the child can visit their parent when they reach the age of majority in their state, 18 in Colorado.

Do you have a court order saying you have visitation? Are you the biological father? If so then YES. Go back to court and file for custody.

Absolutely. Visitation and child support are 2 different issues, separated in court. The child will still have to be fed etc regardless of where he lives. If it was that easy to get out of child support all people had to do was moving out of state.

Full custody means that one parent (the one that the child lives with) has the child 24/7 and the other parent has visitation with the child/children, sole custody is when one parent has the child 24/7 and the other parent is not allowed visitation.

It's highly unlikely that custodial rights would even be considered. However, courts seldom refuse visitation rights unless there is evidence of abuse or neglect on the part of the requesting parent. If there is not a court order terminating parental rights due to abandonment or another such issue, the parent will likely be granted visitation. It is quite possible, the court would order supervised visitation for a specified length of time. A lot depends on the reason for non-contact with the child. Courts tend to leave things as they are and not make drastic changes in children's lives unless it is what they want and better for them in the long run. yes, you can get visitation and/or custody but again, it depends on what kept you away (drugs, jail, etc.).

At age 18. A child should always be taught to honor the authority of the court and the need of a parent in their lives. see links below

The father does not have his own home for the child on visitation,what to do?Not if he has a court order for visitation.Visitation can be at the mothers house or where the father lives. If he does not have a place to live they can still see each other but not over night visits.

Parents' and children's personal information is confidential (this includes the NCP). Yes if he has access rights. see links below depends on the situation. if you dont have joint legal custody then no, you have no right. however if you do then yes you have the right or if you have a visitation agreement that states that you are to pick up or drop off child at the CPs home then you have the right (and you also have to have the information)

That depends on whether or not the father has been a part of the child(ren)'s lives in the past year. If yes, then as long as the father is meeting all of the child support orders, then the visitation ordered by the courts are required to stay in effect. If there are no visitation or child support orders, the father must go to court to get those. If the father is on the birth certificate and there are no orders, the father has just as much right to the children as the mother. Hope this helps.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.