Homeowner's Insurance

Does home insurance cover stolen property?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2007-08-02 10:05:32

i assume here you are talking about personal property? that is stolen? most do have personal property coverage, however there are strictly ''dwelling policys'' that cover that only the dwelling.......also there are some policys that cover personal property but not for the 'peril' of theft.....


Your Answer

Related Questions

Neither homeowner's insurance will probably cover property stolen from a car. Homeowner's insurance usually only covers stuff stolen from your home. However, the automobile insurance policy might cover it.

No, Your home insurance policy is specific to the named insured(s) property and contents if covered.

No, It is the schools choice to obtain coverage for losses from theft on school property or not. Your homeowners insurance would not cover the losses of another party.

cover kids computer from highschool?

No, Homeowners insurance does not cover damages to your automobile. Your home insurance policy is property insurance for the specified structures and real property listed on the policy. Cars are not listed as covered property on your home insurance policy, that's what auto insurance is for.

The property is covered by the owners insurance only. If your trailer hit their property, their own insurance must cover it. If your trailer hits your own building, then your insurance will cover it.

Ordinarily, no. Contents coverage is intended to cover the loss or damage to property kept within your home. The property is generally considered to be household furnishings and similar personalty.

Yes, in most homeowners insurance cases, the property of a visitor is covered. Also, it can cover any injuries that a visitor suffers.

Your home renters insurance will cover you for loss or damage to the property which you own and which is kept within your rental property. Any damage to the actual structure of the building would be covered by the landlord's insurance.

It will likely cover up to $200. Good Luck.

Property insurance usually covers all of the property that has a declared value. This includes a home and other structures located on a property that is insured.

It is a home you are buying to rent out, and you are only wanting insurance to cover the property not items

Home Invasion and Homeowners InsuranceThat all depends. What did they steal? Is it covered under your homeowners Policy? If the stolen property is listed as covered under your homeowners Insurance then you should file a claim for the stolen property. If the door or window was kicked in or damaged then you can file a claim for cost of repairs.There is no coverage specific to a home invasion on your homeowners policy so there is no pay out for "home invasion" in and of itself.If you were injured firing the home invasion you will need to look to your medical insurance to cover the costs of related health care.

No. Your home insurance will not cover property that was legally confiscated. Any attempt to file a claim on such confiscated property could be construed as Insurance Fraud, A felony offense.

No, Your neighbor has a home insurance policy to cover his owned property. Homeowners insurance is specific to the named insured and the insured's scheduled property. Homeowners Insurance does not cover automobiles or motorcycles at all and does not cover property belonging to third parties except in very narrow circumstances. Personal Property coverage excludes motorized vehicles except lawnmowers, golf carts, off-road ATVs, vehicles for the handicapped. If it is a vehicle intended to be licensed for road use, it is excluded under residential building policies.

Other than home owners insurance covering your primary residence where you live and rental property insurance covering a home that you rent to others there are a few differences in types of coverage. While most home owners policies cover the building you live in as well as your contents (TV, Clothes, etc...), most rental property policies cover only the building. This is because in a rental property situation you usually do not own the contents inside and the renters have renters insurance to cover their own contents.

Renters Insurance doe snot cover "Real Property". If you have purchased a home then you need a Homeowners Insurance Policy.

Single interests insurance is hazard coverage obtained by the lender to cover it's interest in the described property.

Stolen Laptops and Home InsuranceNo, homeowners Insurance only covers theft of the Named Insured's property, not the property of others. Refer to the "Personal Property" coverage section of the policy.More sSome policies may allow a homeowner to elect coverage for the property of others while it is on the residence premises. If the laptop is the only item stolen, the policy deductible will apply.On theft claims, the company will be looking to see that a police report of the break-in has been filed. In addition, your friend's claims experience with his insurance company can be negatively affected resulting in increased premiums. The insurance company could non-renew his policy if he has several claims of this type.

No, Your home insurance provides coverage for property losses and certain liabilities that may arise out of home ownership.

Tesco offer three types of home insurance, Finest, Standard and Value cover. The cost of the insurance will depend on the contents of your home and the type of property.

No, That's what Auto Insurance s for. Now if your home fell on the car it might cover it.

This really depends on place to place, as per covers offered. There are addon covers to insure property in the car, which has to be opted for when taking the insurance for extra premium. However do check the exclusions as some do not cover certain items like jewellery, cash etc; Also if its a laptop insured with your office or home insurance package, as portable item, it can be claimed.

It can be covered depending on the type of policy you bought and what of your property was stolen stolen from your vehicle. The property of another person located in a vehicle on or off your property would not be covered under your policy simply because your home insurance covers your property, not the property of other people. You may have coverage under the household contents portion of your policy if the item stolen belonged to you the homeowner and would otherwise have been covered if stolen from inside your home. For example 1, Your Television set is covered under your homeowners insurance policy. While it was in the back seat of your car on your way to your local repair shop, you stopped for a Pepsi and someone stole it from the car, the off premises property portion of your home insurance policy would likely cover it subject to all applicable deductibles. Someone else's TV stolen from your car, no there would be no coverage for it. In example 2 now, someone broke into your car and stole your GPS navigation system, or perhaps your car stereo or your cell phone This would not be a covered loss under your Home insurance policy because these items were never a household furnishing or fixture, This type of loss would have to be covered under your Auto Insurance policy comprehensive portion. if not there are 2 other places you could call. Her vehicle insurance may give some cover for items stolen but she would loose her no claims discount if you claimed. The other option would be to call your own house contents insurance company as they may offer contents cover away from the home. Yes, with specific limitations. Personal property (contents) that is not part of the automobile itself is covered while in the automobile. There are specific perils for which your contents are insured against and special limitations on specific types of contents such as business property.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.