Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Proper Addressing

Going to major in PC Networking but one school calls it an Associate in Specialized Business degree and another school calls it an Associate in Specialized Technology degree. Any major differences?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 28, 2008 11:03PM

Knowing the name and type of the school and the degree (AA, AS, AAS) would have helped pin-point an accurate answer. Not knowing this information, I can only assume. Personally, I have never heard of a bachelors degree in networking, and doubt there is an associates degree particular to networking alone. It is usually a certificate or diploma program at a community college, although there may be some private technical schools that may offer such a program. I can only say that typically, a program in technology is designed as a very career oriented curriculum, to give an individual all the expertise necessary to enter the field in entry level positions after graduating. If the degree is indicated as an arts or science degree, it is usually a program designed to be transferred to a four year college or university after completion so that the student can pursue a higher degree level which is typically considered a professional degree. That being said, it is most important to remember the following. Whatever institution you choose, remember to make sure the institution has a regional accreditation. Some schools boast of their national accreditation, but that is not the preferred accreditation. If you want your course work to be recognized as valid by other accredited colleges and universities, as well as most employers, stay with schools that have the regional accreditation.