College Degrees

College degree or academic degree refers to an award given by a university or college institution signifying that the student has satisfactorily completed a particular course of study. Standard college degree programs are based on a four-year bachelor's degree course.

16,202 Questions
Job Training and Career Qualifications
College Degrees

What education and training is required to become a pediatrician?

Becoming a Pediatrician:

Pediatricians are physicians who have specialized in pediatric medicine. The first step is to become a physician. This involves graduating from college and going to medical school. Medical school is typically a four year program, although there are some schools that offer a combined BS/MD or BS/DO degree in six years. That is, a sort of combined college/medical school curriculum that takes six years vs. the traditional eight years (four years of college plus four years of medical school). To become a pediatrician, one does a residency in pediatric medicine after graduating from medical school. Pediatrics residencies are three years long. Some pediatricians will choose to sub-specialize in a more specific area, for example pediatric cardiology or pediatric emergency medicine. This requires post-residency training, called a fellowship, that takes from one to three years, depending on the particular subspecialty.

Here is more advice:

  • I am not a doctor, but am married to one. She is a Family Practice doctor, which is considered general medicine. A pediatrician is also a medical doctor, pediatrics also being part of general medicine. What this means is that you must have a 4-year undergraduate degree and a degree from an accredited medical school or college. That is 8 years of higher education. You then have your residency period, which is a "hands on" training period where you are supervised by other doctors. That is either a 3 or 4 year period. Then you have to take your medical boards, administered by your state, I think in conjunction with the American Medical Association (AMA). You have to retake these every few years to keep your medical license. I can tell you that pediatricians are extremely dedicated medical doctors. They are also among the lowest paid, but it seems to be a very demanding and rewarding career. You don't have to be a genius in math or science, just very competent and good with people (and children).
  • A pediatrician is a medical doctor who specializes in the care of children. There are specialties within the specialty, ranging from neonatologists who specialize in the newborn to those who specialize in teenagers and adolescent problems, to the age of 18.

Degrees Required for Pediatricians

You must be a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) to be a pediatrician. In other words, you must complete pre-med and medical school. It takes a total of about 11 years after high school:

  • 4 years in college for a bachelor's degree ("pre-med")
  • take the MCAT (a test to get into medical school)
  • 4 years in medical school
  • 3 years in residency

Your local college or guidance counselor will have more information.

Here is more input and advice:

  • In order to be a pediatrician, one must graduate from college and then from medical school. You can go to any college for undergraduate work as long as you take the classes required to get into medical school. Generally, undergraduate work takes about four or five years to complete, and medical school is four more years after that. After medical school, you would need to complete a residency in pediatrics, which is three years.
  • Doctorate to practice medicine (MD, DO) plus current license to practice medicine.
  • An MD or DO, a medical degree. Pediatricians are doctors.
  • You would need a medical degree to start and then go on to specialize with further training in pediatrics.
  • Pediatricians need 4 years of undergraduate school followed by four more years of medical school, followed by 3 years of internship and residency.

As far as education is concerned, The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) estimates that only about one half of those who apply to medical school are accepted. This is an average; some programs are substantially more competitive. Most applicants take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) about 18 months before they plan to enter medical school; generally in April of their junior year of college. The MCAT is administered by the AAMC, which develops test content in cooperation with US medical schools. Six components determine the candidate's eligibility for medical school admission, including undergraduate course work, Grade point average, Performance on the MCAT, Extracurricular activities, Letters of recommendation and Interviews with medical school admissions committees.

The academic pressure in medical school is consistently intense. It is important to find a balance between study and personal life; your lifestyle will be different from that in college, but the workload is manageable. Most medical schools devote the first 2 years to classroom and laboratory instruction in the basic sciences. Many provide clinical rotations and/or teach the basic sciences (anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, histology, pathology, and pharmacology) with a strong clinical correlation. Students also learn how to take a patient history, conduct a physical examination, and make a diagnosis. They become familiar with the art of the patient interview and study psychosocial aspects of medicine. The third year of medical school consists of the core rotations (or clerkships), in the hospital and in ambulatory settings, which give most students their first direct patient care experiences. There is some variation (eg, some schools begin clerkships in the second year), but most schools structure rotations in 6 areas ~Psychiatry ~Pediatrics ~Obstetrics and gynecology ~Internal medicine ~Family medicine ~Surgery During the fourth year of medical school, students complete senior clerkships and subinternships, where they have more responsibility for patient care and are permitted to take more electives. Some pursue experiences in research, work with underserved cultural groups, and international child health.

Most US schools require that students successfully complete parts 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) to graduate. After successful completion of a 4-year medical school program, students choose a specialty area and enter residency training. The length of residency varies by specialty; primary care residency in pediatrics is 3 years.

For a combined total of 11-12 years of training after the completion of high school.

In order to become a pediatrician, you need to go through 11 years of training after high school:

4 years of college or university

4 years of medical school

3 years of pediatric residency

For a combined total of 11-12 years of training after the completion of high school.

In order to become a pediatrician, you need to go through 11 years of training after high school:

4 years of college or university

4 years of medical school

3 years of pediatric residency

Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees

How many credits do you need to get an associate's degree?

Number of credits for a AA/AS Degree

The number of credits that are required to complete an associate's degree will depend upon the state mandate and your program of study. Typically, this degree requires 60 to 64 semester hours or 95 to 105 quarter hours. For example, the state mandate in New Jersey is now a minimum of 64 semester hours for an AA, AS, or AAS.

However, there are some programs that require 70 or more semester hours. These programs include nursing, respiratory therapy, and dental hygiene, to name a few. In addition to the core courses, these programs require the completion of additional professional-level courses.

The associates degree is designed as a two-year program of study as a full-time student provided the student takes the degree as prescribed by the college, and provided the student does not require prerequisite coursework as a result of basic skills testing. There are some programs of study that may take a bit longer depending on the number of credits required. Usually these are programs within the health related fields. In addition, for students who require developmental coursework as a result of basic skills testing, it would take longer. How much longer would depend on the extent of the developmental courses they are required to take. Evidently, those individuals who attend college on a part-time bases would also extend their time in school. How much longer would depend on the credit load carried each semester.

Typically, an associates degree takes between 60 and 64 credits to complete depending on the specific school, program of study, and state mandates.

College Degrees
All India Council For Technical Education AICTE
University Grants Commission UGC

Is MUST university is fake?

MUST University is a fake university. Its primary purpose to make money in any ways, throuogh fraud, lies or whatever it takes.

They are not intersted in giving education but in making money out of people's pocket.

Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Graduate Degrees
The Difference Between

What is the difference between an undergraduate and a graduate degree?

Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees

In general, Associates and Bachelors degrees are considered undergraduate course work, while the Masters and Doctoral degrees are considered graduate course work. Graduate course work - in most cases - is very specific and particular to one field of study. Thus, the graduate study is advanced course work which follows undergraduate course work.

An undergraduate degree is awarded for the completion of 2 years (associates) or 4 years (bachelors) of college level study.

A graduate degree is awarded after attending graduate school. A graduate degree is a masters degree, which generally takes 2-3 years of graduate school after college.

Undergraduate coursework is a basic educational foundation within a given program of study following high school. The course work includes a general cluster of knowledge that promotes a well rounded education. Thus, the student is exposed to a variety of areas, not just their chosen field of study. These areas would include general education courses to include, English, Math, History, Laboratory Science, courses in Humanities, and Social Sciences to mention a few. These would be tightly coupled with the students Major Requirements and Major Elective Requirements.

In the UK...In the UK, the descriptors as to what constitutes an Undergraduate / Bachelors Degree and a Graduate (Master's or Doctoral) degree is set by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in their document "The framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland".

In it they specify that a Bachelors Degree is a level 6 course in the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) system.

Any course above this level is a graduate degree or equivalent (e.g. Master's Degree or Postgraduate Certificates at level 7 or Doctoral Degree at level 8).

They also outline the differences between the two levels of qualification and the expected requirements and outcomes of having studied at the differing levels.

Please see the related links section for further information.

In the USA...In the USA, information on the difference between varying levels of tertiary (post high school) education is given on the US Department of Education website.

In general the following applies:

In the US there are 6 main levels of post high school education:

  1. Associate Degrees
  2. Bachelors Degrees
  3. First-Professional Degrees
  4. Master's Degrees
  5. Intermediate Graduate Qualifications
  6. Research Doctorate Degrees

Level 1 and 2 count as undergraduate courses of study. Above this level the qualifications require an undergraduate degree or period of study as a prerequisite and so are termed graduate courses.

Both Level 3 and 6 qualifications commonly lead to the title of Doctor, however level 3 qualifications are professional doctorates such as those in medicine e.g. MD, whereas level 6 doctorates are research or academic doctorates e.g. PhD.

In general in the USA:
  • Undergraduate courses involve study in Freshman-Senior courses with the aim of gaining a Bachelor's or Associates Degree.
  • Graduate courses involve study for a higher level qualification which has an undergraduate degree as a pre requisite requirement.

See related links for further information.

Educational Methods and Theories
College Degrees

What is expository teaching method?

The expository teaching method includes those verbal methods in which some authority or expert presents information without overt interaction taking place between the expert and the learners. Common examples of the expository method are lecture, video or textbook reading.

College Degrees
The Difference Between

What are the differences between a nationally and regionally accredited school?

ANSWER 1: Accreditation is not a "one size fits all" concept. There are different types of accreditation - including regional accreditation and national accreditation. Colleges and universities voluntarily apply to receive their accreditation from different bodies, or different accrediting agencies. The following information outlines why some schools are regionally accredited, while others are nationally accredited, while others may have a "specialized" accreditation.

Region Partition:

If an online college chooses to apply for regional accreditation, it is evaluated by the regional agency that presides over its home state. These are the only 6 bodies that can award regional accreditation. They are all recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). You can learn more about these regional accrediting agencies, including which schools they accredit, by visiting their individual Web sites.

National accreditation is not based on geography. National accreditation was designed to evaluate specific types of schools and colleges. For example, the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) evaluates career schools and technology programs. The Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) accredits colleges that offer distance education.

ANSWER 2: The first answer's pretty good. Let me see if I can make some things more clear, though...

Accreditation is a means of the government (either directly, or by means of some agency appointed by it) evaluating a school and figuring out if it's doing its job sufficiently well. Accreditation concerns itself with things like whether or not the school's courses are both relevant and rigorous, whether its faculty is sufficiently well-qualified to teach said courses, whether the school is financially sound, how many students it initially registers versus how many fiinally actually graduate (and whether the education they got at the school actually helped them in life), and all that kinda' stuff.

In the United States, the government does not directly accredit (as is often the case in other countries). Instead, the US Department of Education (USDE), and the USDE-sanctioned Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), approve accreditors; and it is those accreditors -- those non-governmental, outside agencies -- which actually do all the accrediting...

..but, of course, still under the watchful eye of the government in the form of USDE and its appointed, sanctioned, blessed agency, CHEA.

The reason there are two agencies (USDE and CHEA) which are allowed to approve accreditors is a little complicated. Though it's an incomplete explanation, it's probably fair to say that USDE's interest in accreditation has traditionally be more along the lines of determining whether a given school is sufficiently good that it's okay for federal funds to be spent on it... either directly, in aid to the school, or, more specifically, as financial aid to the school's students. Most specifically, the USDE worried about the "G.I. Bill" funding the educations of former World War II veterans. USDE simply wanted to verify, via accreditation, that no federal G.I. Bill funds would be wasted on unworthy schools. Of course, USDE's interest in school quality, today, goes far beyond that...

...hence its creation of the USDE-sanctioned and blessed CHEA (er... well... actually, there have been previous agencies which have finally all come together as what we know, today, as CHEA; but I'm not gonna' get into all that here). CHEA concerns itself more with the specific manner in which the quality of the education is achieved. It's an oversimplification, but one could almost think of it as that USDE cares more about whether or not federal funds are wasted on lousy schools, and CHEA cares more about how to make schools better, and to ensure that they actually are really good schools via the accreditation function.

It's important to understand, though, that accreditation is actually a minimal standard. It concerns itself not so much with how good a school either is or could be, but, rather, how bad it is simply not allowed to be and still call itself "accredited." That's an important distinction. Both Harvard and Yale are "regionally" accredited in exactly the same manner as one's local community college; yet no one, with a straight face, would ever argue that one's local community college is on par with the likes of Havard or Yale. So, then, to be clear, accreditation simply ensures that a school is minimally good; that it meets certain dead minimum quality standards. How much better than such minimal standards the school might actually be is another matter... one with which accreditation does not concern itself.

The reason things are that way -- in other words, the reason accreditation only ensure minimal standards -- is, in part, so that credits earned at one accredited school will be more likely transferable to another accredited school; and/or so that the finished degree from one accredited school will be acceptable to another accredited school as requisite for entry into one of its higher-level degree programs. There are other reasons for accreditation (which will be discussed in a moment), but those two are really huge ones. Keep them in mind as you read, herein, further down, about how some accredited schools refuse to accept the transfer crediits, or the finished degrees, of other accredited schools. It can all get very weird and political... sadly.

Most accreditors approved by USDE are also approved by CHEA; however, there are a tiny handful of accreditors which are approved by USDE, but not also by CHEA, and vice versa. All of the USDE- and/or CHEA-approved accreditors, though, are good, tough, no-nonsense accreditors which all ensure that the schools they accredit are good, sound, rigorous, well-run, well-staffed, and financially-sound. All of them!

The "all of them" point is so strongly made, here, because the sad truth is that some in academia believe that certain accreditors are good, and that all others are not-so-good... maybe even downright bad. And the ones they believe are good tend to be the "regional" accreditors. All others, they believe and espouse -- including "national" accreditors -- are nowhere near as good as the six "regional" accreditors in the US. They're wrong, of course, but that's their claim.

"Regional" accreditation is the kind of which most Americans have heard because it's so common. All public elementary, middle and high schools; and all public state colleges and universities, are "regionally" accredited. That, then, is the biggest reason why it's so commonly known; and so, then, why pretty much everyone has heard of at least "regional" accreditation. Some even think that "regional" accreditation is the only kind of accreditation; and so they mistakenly use the terms "accreditation" and "regional accreditation" interchangeably... synonymously... as if there were no difference; as if there were no other kind of USDE- and/or CHEA-approved accreditation out there.

There are six "regional" USDE- and CHEA-approved accreditors in the US, each of which accredits schools only in the roughly one-sixth of the US states assigned to it. That's why they're called "regional" (and not "national") accreditors. They're sometimes referred to by academia as the "big six regional" accreditors; or sometimes just "the big six."

"Regional" accreditors are "general" accreditors. They accredit all aspects of all kinds of schools... again, from elementary level right up through colleges and universities (and seminaries, and trade schools, and poly-technical colleges, etc.). And they're really good at it, and they're the biggest ones who generally accredit the most schools in the US.

There are also "programmatic" accreditors... that is, USDE- and/or CHEA-approved accrediting agencies which accredit only certain kinds of educational programs: in things like business administration, nursing, accounting, law, engineering, etc. Many regionally-accredited schools also have certain of their programs "programmatically" accredited by smaller, specialist accreditors; and since such specialist programmatic accreditors are allowed to accredit in any of the 50 US states, they're considered "national" accreditors. Most "regional" accreditors don't have any issues with the kinds of "national" accreditors that are "programmatic" in nature because they only accredit programs, and not entire schools. Most regionallly-accredited schools want their specialist programs "programmaticallly" accredited. A regionally-accredited college or university which also has a law school will also want said law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA), which, in addition to being a national membership and support organization for lawyers, is also one of the USDE- and CHEA-approved "programmatic" accreditors. And, of course, as explained higher-up in this paragraph, all "programmatic" accreditors, because they accredit nationally, are also "national" accreditors; and so the ABA is not only a "programmatic" accreditor, but it is also a "national" accreditor.

However, there are also "national" accreditors which compete, in effect, with "regional" accreditors because they accredit entire schools, not merely programs within them. This upsets the "regional" accreditors, and so, consequently, many of said "regional" accreditors have long sort of almost discriminated against schools (and their programs, and their students) which are "nationally" accredited by these smaller-and-effectively-competing accreditors.

Most "national" accreditors of this type -- which can accredit entire schools, just like "regional" accreditors, and so are seen by some "regional" accreditors as competitors -- tend to specialize in accrediting only certain types of schools, such as religious schools, for example; or career-related schools; or distance-learning-only schools... stuff like that.

There are, in fact, three (3) types of "national" accreditors:

1) Faith-related "national" accreditors

2) Career-related "national" accreditors

3) Programmatic "national" accreditors

The last one accredits only programs within an otherwise separately and generally accredited (usually "regionallY' accredited) school, and so is not a threat to the "regional" accreditors. The first two, though, despite their being specialist at least in terms of the types of schools they accredit, are nevertheless able to accredit entire schools, just like "regional" accreditors; and so "regional" accreditors are often threatened by them.

Because these "national" accreditors so specialize, though, one would think that the "regional" accreditors wouldn't feel so threatened. But, alas, they are...

...and the sad evidentiary result usually comes in the form of a "regionally" accredited school refusing to accept the transfer credits (or the finished degree as requisite for entry into a higher-level degree program) of a "nationally" accredited school.

In other words, the "regionally" accredited school says to the transfer credit applicant something along the lines of this: "It's good that your school, where you earned the credits that you're now asking us to accept in transfer, is "nationally" accredited by an agency approved by USDE and CHEA, just like us. However, our standards, as a "regionally" accredited school, are higher than "national" accreditation standards. Therefore, as hard as you worked at your nationally-accredited school, and even though its accreditation is USDE- and CHEA-approved, just like our "regional" accreditation, we are, nevertheless, turning-up our noses at your transfer credits, and will not accept them."

Of course, most "regionally" acrredited schools would never actually word it like that; but that's, in essence, the message.

This, of course, makes the student applicant to the "regionally" accredited school (whose "nationally" accredited transfer credits just got rejected) hopping mad! And many complaints, then, have been registered with both USDE and CHEA over it, resulting in CHEA's "Higher Education Transfer Alliance" (HETA) program...

...which attempts to re-educate smug and arrogant "regionally" accredited schools, and convince them to treat "nationally" accredited credits and degrees just the same as if they were "regionally" accredited. And it's beginning to work. More and more "regionally" accredited schools are finally beginning to accept many -- some of them even most, or even all -- "nationally" accredited transfer credits and finished degrees in one form or another of transfer. So, that's nice.

However, the elitism and arrogance on the part of many "regionally" accredited schools -- especially those like Harvard or Yale which are far better than accreditation's minimal standards ensure -- continues.

For that reason -- and this is important -- anyone contemplating getting a degree (or accumulating coursework) at a "nationally" accredited school needs to do so with his/her eyes wide open. Unless the coursework or degree is "programmatically" accredited -- in other words, if it's "nationally" accredited by a career- or faith-based accreditor -- then one should make certain that said coursework or degree will, indeed, be transferable into whatever "regionally" accredited program one has in mind for later!

And there's yet another problem: Some employers will not accept degrees that are "nationally" accredited. Some employers insist that its job applicants' degrees be only from "regionally" accredited schools. It's awful, but it's a fact. And wishing it weren't won't change it. CHEA's HETA is doing its best to educate employers, too, but that is a much slower and less-effective process.

So, then, BE CAREFUL before you enroll in a "nationally" accredited school. Do your homework. Figure out if the credits your earn will be transferable to any "regionally" accredited schools you might want to enter someday in the future. And/or, be certain that your "nationally" accredited degree would be acceptable to the "regionally" accredited school you have in mind for the future, as requsite for entry into said "regionally" accredited school's higher-level degree programs! DO YOUR HOMEWORK beforeenrolling in the "nationally" accredited school!

Shame, of course, on the "regionally" accredited schools (and the "regional" accreditors, too) for all these years of brainwashing they've been doing to convince the world that "regional" accreditation is the only accreditation that's actually worth anything! They've done a terrific job of misleading the world, and the sad result is that really excellent "nationally" accredited schools are sometimes thought of as sub-standard when, in fact, they are not.

When it really starts to hurt people is when "regional" accreditation is preferred over "national" accreditation in statutory law. For example, there are several places in California statutory law where a college degree is required in order for someone to perform a certain state-regulated task, or do a certain state-regulated job; and said degree, according to the statute, must be from a "regionally" accredited college or university. Sometimes the "regional" specification is literal, and other times the specification is by reference to the "regional" accreditor that covers California: The Western Association of Colleges and Schools (WASC). But, in practice, either specifying that the degree need by from a "regionally" accredited school, or specifying that the school be accredited by the "regional" accreditor WASC, are both treated as equivalent for purposes of ensuring that certain tasks or jobs are, statutorily, only performed by people with college degrees.

A specific example: In California, one may become a licensed real estate "broker" either by being a licensed real estate "salesperson" for a certain number of years, after which s/he may finally take the "broker's exam" and become a broker...

...or, alternatively, the broker applicant is allowed to go ahead and take the broker's exam right away, without having to have gotten a few years of licensed "salesperson" experience, if said applicant has a bachelors degree. And California's Real Estate law specifically says that said bachelors degree must be from a school accredited by WASC (which, in practice, means the school may be accredited by any of the six big "regional" accreditors).

Those with bachelors degrees from "nationally" accredited schools are treated by that law as though they have no bachelors degree at all; and so they must first do a few years as a licensed real estate "salesperson" before they are finally allowed to sit for the "brokers" exam, just exactly the same as if they had no degree at all.

Of course, the California Real Estate Board has some discretion, and could, if it wanted to, accept even "nationally" accredited bachelors degrees as requisite for sitting for the "brokers" exam. But, so far, it has not so done. And so, then, those with bachelors degrees from "nationally" accredited schools whose accreditors are USDE- and/or CHEA-approved in exactly the same manner as "regionally" accredited schools, are disciminated against.

So, then, I repeat: DO YOUR HOMEWORK beforeenrolling in a "nationally" accredited (unless, of course, it's "programmatically" accredited) school. If the "nationally" accredited degree will suit your purposes.... if it will help you to get what you want in life, then, fine... get it. But if there's any chance that you'd need to get a "regionally" accredited school to recognize it (to get a higher-level degree... maybe a law degree, for example), or a state licensing agency to recognize it, or an employer to recognize it, then by all means go verify those things first. Otherwise, just stick with the "regionally" accredited school, just to play it safe. And you cannot imagine how much it pains me that that's the case.

I know it was a long answer, but it's a disservice to the degree seeker to not fully explain how it all works, else there's always the chance that said degree seeker will be misled, and will sign-up for a "nationally" accredited degree without his/her eyes being wide open about it.

In closing, another critically important piece of advice to keep the degree-seker from being ripped-off by a degree/diploma mill, along the way: Always, always, always look-up any school in which you're thinking of enrolling in either or both of the USDE and/or CHEA databases...



...and verify that the school really is accredited. Never take the school's word for it. Always look it up yourself; and if the school's not in at least one of those two databases, then it's almost certainly not actually accredited... no matter what it claims. Only if the school has been so recently accredited that the people who manage those two databases have not yet had time to enter it might it actually be accredited, but not in one or both of those databases. Visiting the actual accreditor's website, though, will reveal if it's actually accredited. Find out who is its accreditor, but do not visit the accreditor's website from a link give to you by the school. Rather, find the accreditor's website's URL from its listing on either or both of the USDE and/or CHEA websites's lists of accreditors...



...and visit the accreditor's website using only that URL. Once there, see if the school is listed. If it's not, then maybe it's been so recently accredited that even the accreditor hasn't had a chance, yet, to put it on its site. If so, then emailing or calling the accreditor will settle the matter in a hurry. Always do that sort of thing to verify any school's claim of accreditation. Never believe the school. Degree/diploma mills lie, and they also do things like creating fake accreditors with names that confusingly similar to the names of real accreditors, and then they create impressive-looking websites for them. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll be fooled. Verifying everything on the USDE and/or CHEA websites is your hedge against the mills.

And remember to always look-up the school in both databases, if necessary. In other words, if the school's not in one database, don't assume it's not accredited until and unless you find that it's not in the other database, either. Remember that a tiny handful of accreditors are approved by USDE, but not CHEA, and vice versa; and so at least a few schools are going to be in one database, but not the other. So always check the second database if the school's not in the first.

Finally, stay away from unaccredited degrees, if possible. Oh, sure, there are special circumstances wherein an unaccredited credential might get you what you want in life... particularly if it's a religious degree, for example, that will get you ordained as clergy in a certain national church, if that's your interest. But, by and large unaccredited degrees just aren't worth it. The unaccredited school's credits will almost certainly not transfer to any other school... accredited or otherwise. Similarly, its finished degrees will almost certainly not be acceptable as requisite for a higher-level degree at any other school... accredited or otherwise. Virtually no employer will accept it. Virtually no state professional licensing agency will accept it. And there are an increasing number of states which have made it actually illegal -- a criminal offense in a couple of them -- to put an unaccredited degree on a resume, business card, letterhead, advertisement, etc.

That said, there are, believe it or not, unaccredited schools which are nevertheless state-approved for certain purposes, the degrees from which may be used for state professional licensing. California is notorious for having a few of those, but so are a few other states... Tennessee, Massachusetts, and others. In California, for example, there are unaccredited psychology schools which have nevertheless been approved by the state psychology licensing board, and so their unaccredited degrees are requisite for state Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) licensure, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) licensure, or even licensed psychologist licensure. There are also some California law schools which are unaccredited, but nevertheless approved by the Committee of Bar Examiners, and so a person who graduates from one of them may sit for the California Bar Exam and ultimately become a lawyer. So not every unaccredited degree is worthless. Most of them, though, are. So always avoid them unless there's a darned good reason not to.

Answer 3:

I like first Answer...If any school or college give the importance to the area and regions then it called regionally accredited and if any school or college target students on national level then it called nationally accredited.

College Degrees
Graduate Degrees

What does a masters in psychology signature look like?

The abbreviation for a master's in psychology is MPsy.

John Doe, MPsy would be read as, "John Doe, Master of Psychology"

College Applications and Entrance Requirements
Associates Degrees
College Degrees

When is fall spring semester in the United States?

It depends on the specific college or university. Some start in latter August, while others start early September.

College Degrees
Graduate Degrees

Can you get a Ph.D in art?

Yes you will get phd in arts there are some several colleges that provides phd in arts & you can choose both option part time & full time course...

College Applications and Entrance Requirements
College Degrees
Academic Majors
The Difference Between

What is the difference between a college minor and major?

You can not just enroll in a minor. You must be first enrolled in a major and then you can add on a minor. The minor is usually just extra set of courses you are required to take in that area.

College Major - A major is the main field that you want to specialize in while you are still an undergraduate at a college. ( A lot of units in college will be devoted into your major because that's going to be your career choice in life, that's why you are studying it.)

College Minor - A minor is a secondary field that you want to specialize in while you are working on your major. Generally, your major is what your intended career is, but your minor is something you pursue because of your personal interests.

For example: If I want to major in Education to teach primary schools (Which is elementary schools) then that would be my major for college. But, lets say that I love doing education, but I also love going to church to do ministries to help people out, then I can do ministries by making it a minor. Thus, my major is Education and my minor is Ministries. By doing this, you have more flexibility in what you want to do and it just gives you more options to work with because when you graduate college, it proves to others that you can do education and ministries because you put your time and efforts into it.

There are number of universities in India running number of courses some best universities which are recommended are:

Pune University,

Delhi Universitu

Indraprashta University

Lovely Professional University

Jamia Millia University

Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees

How long is 68 college credit hours?

In terms of credits, it would be approximately two years of study as a full-time student. In terms of actual class contact time, for institutions that operate on a regular two semester academic year, one credit equals 16 hours of class contact time. You can do the math.

In terms of credits, it would be approximately two years of study as a full-time student. In terms of actual class contact time, for institutions that operate on a regular two semester academic year, one credit equals 16 hours of class contact time. You can do the math.

In terms of credits, it would be approximately two years of study as a full-time student. In terms of actual class contact time, for institutions that operate on a regular two semester academic year, one credit equals 16 hours of class contact time. You can do the math.

In terms of credits, it would be approximately two years of study as a full-time student. In terms of actual class contact time, for institutions that operate on a regular two semester academic year, one credit equals 16 hours of class contact time. You can do the math.

In terms of credits, it would be approximately two years of study as a full-time student. In terms of actual class contact time, for institutions that operate on a regular two semester academic year, one credit equals 16 hours of class contact time. You can do the math.

In terms of credits, it would be approximately two years of study as a full-time student. In terms of actual class contact time, for institutions that operate on a regular two semester academic year, one credit equals 16 hours of class contact time. You can do the math.

College Degrees
Graduate Degrees
The Difference Between

What is the difference between 'Mr' and 'Master'?

Traditionally, "Mister (Mr)" was a title used to address married men, while "Master (Mstr)" was used to address unmarried men.

Over time, the use of "Mister" expanded to include unmarried men, and "Master" became restricted to boys and young men who had not yet entered society.

Even this is quite rare today, and is mostly used in extremely formal written correspondence.

College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees
Graduate Degrees

What colleges offer cancer research programs?

For colleges and universities within the United States and its territories, you can obtain this information by clicking on the related links section (College Board) indicated at the bottom of this answer section and using the College Board site College MatchMaker search engine. You can research colleges and universities by name, or by programs of study, or by geographical location, size, or combinations of part or all of them. The site will provide you with a list of institutions based on your request. It will give you the schools background, accreditation, degree offerings, programs of study (majors), entrance requirements, tuition and fees, financial assistance, room and board, athletic programs, school activities, etc., and a link to each institutions official web page. Practice navigating this site. It will be well worth the time and effort.


When choosing a college or university within the United States, make sure the institution has a regional accreditation. With a regional accreditation you can be assured the coursework and degree you complete will be recognized by all other colleges and universities as well as employers. Below I have listed the six regional accrediting agencies and their geographical areas of responsibility. I am disclosing the below so you do not become a victim of educational scams, institutions that are nothing more than diploma mills, or that do not have the best accreditation, and are eager to take your money for a degree that is worthless. Make sure the institution is accredited by one of following responsible agencies.

Regional Accreditation Agencies

· Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools - Educational institutions in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands, as well as schools for American children in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.

· New England Association of Schools and Colleges - Educational institutions in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont).

· North Central Association of Colleges and Schools - Educational institutions in Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

· Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities - Postsecondary institutions (colleges and universities) in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.

· Western Association of Schools and Colleges - Educational institutions in California, Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Micronesia, Palau, and Northern Marianas Islands.

· Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Educational institutions in Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee and Texas.

Associates Degrees
Job Training and Career Qualifications
College Degrees

Does ECU have dental hygiene program?


Graduate Degrees
College Degrees
Acronyms & Abbreviations

What is the acronym for Masters in education?


Business & Finance
Investing and Financial Markets
College Degrees
Graduate Degrees
Stock Market

Is their any master degree in stock market?

There is not currently one. You would need a degree in Finance, Accountancy or Mathematics with Business as a secondary.

College Degrees
Colleges and Universities

What are you called once you finish college?

You are called a alumni of the school you graduated from

For example, a person who graduated with a degree from Cornell University would be called a Cornell alumni.

College Applications and Entrance Requirements
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees
Grades and Grade Point Averages (GPA)

What grade is a 2.0 GPA grade point equal to in letter grades?

C plus c and .666

Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees

Is level fetac level 7 a degree?

FETAC only offer awards Level 1 - 6 Level 7 is HETAC and is a Diploma.

Mobile Phones
College Degrees
Public Speaking

Merits and demerits of hire purchase?

of Hire Purchase Agreements to the consumers

Spread the cost of finance. Whilst choosing to pay in cash is preferable, this might not be possible for consumer on a tight budget. A hire purchase agreement allows a consumer to make monthly repayments over a pre-specified period of time;

• Interest-free credit. Some merchants offer customers the opportunity to pay for goods and services on interest free credit. This is particularly common when making a new car purchase or on white goods during an economic downturn;

• Higher acceptance rates. The rate of acceptance on hire purchase agreements is higher than other forms of unsecured borrowing because the lenders have collateral;

• Sales. A hire purchase agreement allows a consumer to purchase sale items when they aren't in a position to pay in cash. The discounts secured will save many families money;

• Debt solutions. Consumers that buy on credit can pursue a debt solution, such as a debt management plan, should they experience money problems further down the line.

The Disadvantages of Hire Purchase Agreements to the consumers

• Personal debt. A hire purchase agreement is yet another form of personal debt it is monthly repayment commitment that needs to be paid each month;

• Final payment. A consumer doesn't have legitimate title to the goods until the final monthly repayment has been made;

• Bad credit. All hire purchase agreements will involve a credit check. Consumers that have a bad credit rating will either be turned down or will be asked to pay a high interest rate;

• Creditor harassment. Opting to buy on credit can create money problems should a family experience a change of personal circumstances;

• Repossession rights. A seller is entitled to 'snatch back' any goods when less than a third of the amount has been paid back. Should more than a third of the amount have been paid back, the seller will need a court order or for the buyer to return the item voluntarily.

Great Answer Report

College Degrees
Learning Theories

What does physics have to do with engineering?

Everything! Engineering applies the laws of physics to practical ends.

Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees

Is Occidental College a community college?

No, its a small-liberal arts college in the Los Angeles area.

Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees

What does AAA plus stand for as an academic degree?

Well, the AA stands for associate of arts degree. I personally have never heard of an AA Plus as a degree, unless the institution itself is identifying it as a transfer program to a four year college or university. Some community colleges call it a 2+2 program.

Associates Degrees
College Degrees
Bachelors Degrees

Is LACC a semester or quarter system?

If you are referring to Los Angeles City College, the institution operates on a semester system.

For the source and more detailed information concerning your request, click on the related links section (College Board) indicated directly below this answer section.

Farm Animals
College Degrees

How many years does it take to major in biology?

It doesn't take any time to major in biology. Get accepted to a college or university, declare your major to be biology, and there you go. However to graduate with a degree in biology is a different story. To graduate with an associate degree in biology will take two years. A B.S. Degree will generally take four.


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.