Asked in US ConstitutionUS Government
Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government?
July 10, 2010 7:56AM
No, it's the text of a wildy inaccurate chain email.
Markers that should have been red flags
- Republicans control only 14 state legislatures
- The Attorney General of a State files lawsuits, not the Governor
- State Legislatures call for a Convention, not the Governor
- It takes 2/3 of the States to call the Convention, not 3/4
- The proposed amendment has nothing to do with the ficticious lawsuit
- The email says "Send this to 20 friends"