Passport Requirements

How can someone who entered the country as a minor with no visa become a resident?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-05-23 21:30:58
2008-05-23 21:30:58

Any one, including a minor, enters US should have a visa. If a minor enters US without a visa and U.S. custom inspection & I-94 card, most likely, this minor enters US illegally. If that is the case, it is very difficult for this illegal minor alien to become legal US Permanent Resident later, according to current US immigration law. Even if after many years, this alien marries with a U.S. citizen, this alien is still not eligible to adjust his/her status to US permanent residence inside the U.S., because he/she entered U.S. illegally without U.S. custom inspection and I-94 card.


Related Questions

If you entered LEGAlly but became illegal, marriage to a citizen is the only way to become legal If you entered ILLEGALY to begin with, marriage to a citizen and a successful I-601 waiver granted by the US embassy at your home country would be the only way to become legal (this petition requires that you leave the US and return to your country of birth)

To become a resident of Kentucky, one must stay in the state for at least 12 months. The definition of a resident is someone who pays rent or mortgage in Kentucky, and has a KY driver's license.

There is no way for that person to becme a citizen immediately. Once the children reach the age of 21, they can sponsor the person for residency, but it is a long process.

It entered the war to help Cuba become an independent country.

You become a resident of California by LIVING in California, this has nothing to do with marriage or legal status- an illegal can be a resident of California

How long does it take to become a resident of Colorado?

how long does it take to become a resident of va

how to become a arizona resident

Yes. A same-sex spouse can sponsor a foreigner for legal residency. The problem is, however, that if you entered the country illegally, you must pay the penalty for illegal entry into the United States. This is usually a 10-year exile in your country of origin. If you entered legally but overstayed your visa, then the process is much easier.

It varies from country to country. To become a citizen of the USA, you'd need to apply for naturalization and citizenship through parents.

You must live in the state for one year to become resident.

Yes all you have to do is become an American citizen. <><><><> Citizenship is not required. My stepson is a British subject, and a US Marine. However, the Australian would need to become a Resident Alien- someone that is admitted to the US as a permanent resident (emigrant).

you have to be 21 years old in order to help your parent become a resident

It does not take any time to become a resident of Tennessee. Once you are U.S. citizen, you just move to the state that you want to live in and you are resident.

No. The only way to become a citizen is to be born in the country or do the regular process of becoming a citizen.

ourworld! that game is so fun look me up im XxdarkinocencexX anyway i dont think u can sadly unless someone gifts u a resident card

how long do you have to live in wis. to become a wi. resident

To become a resident of any state all you have to do is have a mailing address and register to vote, that's it

Someone who was born in the U.S. legally with natural-born U.S. citizen parents or someone who actually took the steps to come to America and become a citizen properly.

Immigration Laws vary.Studying in a particular Country could add points if you wish to Immigrate. Using that point system you can immigrate , become a Permanent Resident of that country and then eventually a Citizen.

No she cannot. To become a US citizen you must be a US resident. Niether can you become a permenant resident for the same reason.

A resident should know what to do in their own country. If you are a foreigner in the country, contact your consulate and ask them to intervene or provide support.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.