Deeds and Ownership

How do i change the name on the deed after tenant in common signed quit claim?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2016-08-07 16:13:24
2016-08-07 16:13:24

You don't change the name on the original deed. You now have a deed from the other grantee in your original deed. Therefore, you have acquired your title to the property in two deeds.

User Avatar

Related Questions

No. A tenant is using the premises with the permission of the owner.

If the tenant damages the property he is liable for such damages. The Landlord may or may not have his own insurance for this purpose but the tenant is liable. If the Tenant has his own insurance (Renter's Insurance) then the Tenant may file a claim and damages will be covered by that insurance.

He is a muslim called bin laden

The simplest way is to execute a quit claim deed. The form is very straight forward and can signed and filed with the courthouse.

You can have the tenant quit claim their rights to the property. Or sell the life estate to the remainderman.

I'm no lawyer but... The estate of the deceased tenant should pay any debts before disbursing the money to beneficiaries. The landlord should file a claim against the estate.

You haven't explained where he made that claim. No authority is going to "charge" a person simply for making that claim. There is no damage to any party by a person making that claim. Tenants in common each have the right to the use and possession of the whole property. You should consult with an attorney.

Ownership of real property is transferred by deed. If you already signed a quit claim deed, you already transferred your interest in the property. It no longer belongs to you.

If the will was not signed it will not be valid. The previous will or the states intestacy laws will apply.

My organization is currently the Holding Company of four buildings, our tenant is claiming ownership of the buildings because they claim they have been paying the so call mortgage though lease payments. Each lease agreement was signed by both parties, and the tenant agreed to pay the lease amounts and make improvements as needed. The tenant now says that the prior leadership of my organization made statements that my organization was merely a "Holding Company" and that the building would transferred to the tenant. I the prior leadership of my organization did not leave any written document stating the buildings would at one time or another the building would be simply turned over to the tenant. I just their word, against ours, yes, they have file a law suit against my organization. My organization has all the property Titles, and warranty Deeds to support ownership. Can the tenant claim the buildings based on a hear say from a prior director? Thank you..

Yes, but you have to get a signed release from the person you are writing about about or there is the possibilities of law suits.It is best to change the names and claim that the story is completely fiction.

If she and her husband were both on the deed, it will be survivorship. If not, she will have a claim on the property.

First- you cannot claim adverse possession against someone who doesn't own the property. You don't have an adverse possession against your landlord who doesn't own the property but has an adverse possession claim against the owner of the land. According to the minimal facts you provided you don't have any standing to make such a claim. You are using the property with the landlord's permission. One of the elements required to make a claim of adverse possession is that you use the property openly and notoriously (without permission).

I am not a legal eagle but the answer appears to be no. It appears that verbal agreements, if proven, can be upheld in law. However, the claim of FORGETTING to give a tenant a lease appears a weak one.

No. When two people own property as joint tenants with the right of survivorship and one dies, the interest of the decedent passes automatically to the surviving joint tenant. When the surviving joint tenant dies the property passes according to their will or according to the laws of intestacy if they die intestate.

Sure! You can change withholding status any time.

If it's a legal quit claim, and the owner signed it before their death, yes. I would look into Michigan's law to see if there is a time limit to file a new quit claim, but I doubt there is. A quit claim has to be notorized and witnessed, so it would be obvious if you where trying to fraud someone, or if the owner had actually signed it.

Yes. A joint tenant's interest in the property terminates upon his or her death, and the surviving joint tenant then owns the property free of any claim by the heirs of the joint tenant who died. That is what is known as a right of survivorship.

It is very difficult to prove if the tenant had not informed the tenant at the time of fall. Judge will suspect that it is fraudulent insurance claim. Tenants are not covered by a homeowner insurance. However, if the homeowner has a landlord insurance, tenants are covered.

That tenant may be able to sue you if they can demonstrate that as a result of your actions (or in this case-inaction to pay the mortgage) they incurred financial damages. However, if this occurred after the termination of the lease, they may not have much of a claim, unless you failed to evict the tenant properly, and now they're being evicted due to the foreclosure.

No. Adverse possession is established when you use property without the permission of the landowner. Since you are renting, you have no adverse possession claim. Each rent payment constitutes asking your landlord's permission to use the property.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.