How do you avoid urinary tract infection?
1. Drink more water. A minimum of 2 L per day. If you are
exercising, or sitting in the sun, on a boat, etc. drink more. To
make this more palatable, try adding crystal lite, lemon juice,
2, Drink cranberry juice.
3. Booze, coffee and tea don't count as "water" because they are
diuretic - they make you pee more. However, making you pee more is
a good thing because it flushes out the bladder. No need to give
4. Use pantyliners.
5. Do not use nylon or synthetic fabric next to your genitals.
Use natural fiber underwear. Feels great too!
6. Handwash your undies in shampoo or tide. Rinse, and rinse
again. Soap residue can irritate. And your undies will last
7. Don't even THINK about putting soap near your genitals. Use
gentle, mild cleansers like Aveeno or even just water. Shower at
least twice a day.
8. Bladder infections can flare up or get worse with a new sex
partner. Take it easier, this isn't a marathon. Make sure he/she
knows the right buttons to push, and the ones to leave alone. This
is also true of masturbation.
9. They also get worse before a period. Shower more frequently
in cool water.
10. You don't always have to wear underwear every minute of the
day. Sleep naked, and walk around without undies. Let the air get
at your parts and they will thank you in their own little way.
If your bladder infection continues or if you are passing blood
get medical help immediately. if you are able, pee into a bottle
with a seal and show the medical professional.