Asked in

How do you come down?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 13, 2011 12:40AM

It depends what you are coming down from. With any drug you have the option of (depending on your area) going to a detox center where they will medically supervise and assist you in this process. If you are talking about long term, chronic alcohol use you may want to strongly consider going to a 'detox' or addiction treatment center because there is a risk of seizures with alcohol withdrawal. If you are talking about prescription benzodiazepines or opioids (oxys, codeine, etc) you will experience actual physical pain. This can be relieved with the BRATS diet, mushed bananas, rice water (cook rice, throw out the rice, drink the water), applesauce and toast or if you don't have or like toast, then soda crackers. The trick to this is that you have to eat all of these items at the same time to be effective, but it can help with some withdrawal symptoms. I hope that's helpful, your question isn't very specific.