Auto Parts and Repairs
Home Electricity
Electrical Engineering

How do you convert a 3 phase car lift to single phase?


Wiki User

The best way is usually to buy a new single-phase motor and replace the 3-phase motor.

You can also buy something called a rotary phase converter, but for any amount of HP they are about as expensive as a new motor. Expect to pay 500 to 700 dollars US for a 10hp rotary converter.

Static phase converters are not a good choice for motors that start and stop or reverse often, such as yours.