TAke the pan off and also change the filter while you are in there.
1. Ensure the vehicle has been warmed up by driving at least 10 KM. 2. Raise the vehicle at the front (orefereably on ramps) by at least one foot (30cm), 3. Ensure the vehicle is secured with handbrake and chocks under rear wheels so it cannot move. 4. Remove the transmission dipstick to allow an entry path for the air into the transmission.
5. Affter placing a suitable pan of 5 litres capacity under the transmission undo the drain bolt from the transmission pan (if it has a bolt one) allowing the oil to drain out into the pan. (a cheap pan can be made by cutting a large hole in the side of a disused plastic qol container)
6. Restart the engine in park and move into dreive and then reverse for a few seconds - this should allow more oil to drain out.
7. Now carefully remove all the bolts from around the side of the transmission oil pan and allow it to to fall gradually - then more oill will flow from around the edges. Just keep a few rags present to mop it up.
8. If the pan does not self release carefully prise it loose with the persuasion of a flat screw driver.
9. This pan should cantain several metal disk magnets (about 2cm across)in the bottom which collect any ferric metal filings which have worn off the internals. (hopefully not large ones which indicated it is on the way out).
8. It also contains a flat type filter which should ideally be be replaced or at least cleaned in a thin oil flowed by a bath in new Dextron 11 or better auto tranmission oil.
9. At this time after examination of the pan contents to ascertain if any sludgy material is present. You should decide if a full change of all the oil is warranted since this method of draining does not remove all of the fluid because some is still stuck in the torque converter and must be removed by an other more comprehensive method. However this method described here is sufficient for normal changes. You shold then clean the pan thoroughly and replace the magnets after cleaing them of any metal filings.
10. Relacement is the reverse of disaassembly. Be careful not to cross thread or over tighten the olts holding the pan and be sure to use a clean new gasket. Remember the casing material is an ally and bolts can be easily cross threaded or over tightened max pressure about 8 foot pounds (10 newton meters). you can easily tighten a loose bolt if leaking is a problem but one stripped threads are more of a problem.
11.Make sure you tighten the drain plug to 22 to 25 Foot pounds (30 to 35 NM).
12. Refil the auto tranmission through the dipstic tube (use a suitable funnel)with about 3.5 litres of Dexron 11 or 111 auto transmission oil and start the vehicle in Park. Then check for leaks and measure the height on the dipstick. Add more fluid up to about 4.2 litres but be cautions since the vehicle is not yet on level ground. Don't overfill. Lower the vehilce and check again for leaks and level after moving the transmission through each gear.
13, Road test the vehicle and after it is warm check the transmission level again for the correct level adding fluid if necessary. This chech should be done with the transmission in Park and engine idling.
I have found this method to be successful hahving done the last two transmission oil changes (30,000 KM each). Oil is clean and red after the changes. (cost of oil Austalian $25 , New filter about $20.00) Time about 1 hour.
If you are unhapy and find it is still dark after the change either change it again in another few thousand km whereupon it should be as good as new or flush it completely by the following method.
P.S. if the whole of the fuid must be changed because of suspected contamination with incorrect fluid or for other resons it is desireble to fully flush the oil. It can be done by unbolting the transmission oil cooler line at the point where it connects to the oil cooler. After draining and refilling the transmission with new fluid and before operating the engine. A clear line an be connected to one end of the oil cooler line draining into a separate container and the other end immersed in new tranmission fluid. ON starting the engine the transmission will pump the trapped old oil from the torque converter thru the oil cooler line into the container. An assistant will be able to tell when the new oil appears by thee change in colour from bronish to bright red.n, upon which the engine is immediatly shut down. All of the old oil will now be replaced by new oil. The oil line can be then re connected.
A transmission shop will usually charge about Australian $130 to $160 for the job - full flush is an additional charge.)
Dispose of the oil at your nearest approved disposal site.
How do you get 1000000 robux for free?
What's the most outdated thing you still use today?
How old is Danielle cohn?
How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4 1776?
What is Louis Tomlinson's IQ?
Easiest way to lose lower stomach fat?
What cause the death of curly thornton?
If you are 13 years old when were you born?
What is modal fabric??
What were George Washingtons false teeth made from?
Who was Yale University named after?
What determines whether you are left or right handed?
What would you do if the internet was suddenly gone?
What is the longest plate appearance in MLB history?
What is the official name of the Statue of Liberty?
Why can't we remember our dreams?
How exercise physiologists regulate the diets and training of athletes?
What are the benefits and possible pitfalls of having an official curriculum?
What is the odd one out calcium copper chlorine caesium?
Is it illegal to pick tiger lilies in Saskatchewan?
Are the friction losses of the machine linear in induction motor electrical machines?
What is means The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow?
Are friction losses of the machine linear?
BA-28 which is a recommended water-skiing safety practice?