How do you file a Chattel lien in Washington State?

A chattel lien sale affidavit form must be filed with the local county auditor. A letter must also be sent by the lien applicant via certified mail to the registered owner of the property in question. A copy of the letter along with certified return receipt or proof of mailing must be submitted to the county auditor.