War and Military History
DIY Projects

How do you get PCS orders in the US Army?

User Avatar
Wiki User
May 20, 2009 2:25PM

First your Assignment Manager puts you in a "slot" or "assignment". He/She doe this with a variety of tools. The Army tries to give you the assignment you want, if there is a need for someone of your grade and MOS at that location. They can use you ASK account to find out where you want to go or you can go to the HRC web site and find the email address for them and send an email. You can also call, but they rarely answer the phone. Most importantly they will put you where they need you first and foremost. Giving you the assignment you want is an after thought. The orders or "levy" goes through your Post G-1, or Admin Section.