How do you get custody papers drawn up on your 21-month-old son when his father lives in Washington and you live in Pennsylvania and the child is in your custody but it is not court appointed?

The person with whom the child currently lives may file a petition for custody in the state where reside. Contact the clerk of the family or domestic court of jurisdiction to obtain information concerning the issue. Or if possible obtain the assistance of a qualified attorney.