Asked in
Ford F-150

How do you get the spare tire down off a 2003 Ford F150?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 13, 2011 4:05AM

to lower spare on this pickup, u need the jack crank handle . this is found either across top of radiator or behind rear seat. you also need a key

this key is usually in the glove box,if you purchased vehicle new that's where u will find it. if vehicle is used ,it may be in glove box or you may have to ge a new one. if key is missing, u may be able to track the number of key by taking VIN to a ford ealer. then you contact the key manufacturer who will sell you a new one, which costs about 24 dollars. there are 23000 different keys. i found this out when i purchased a used vehicle with missing wheel key.i did however have the key number i needed to replace missing key